Epic Brown Bear Bowhunt Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
    Heh Lenny, long time no talk. Dyrk got really lucky. That whole thing could have gone sideways in a hurry. Don’t know how Lance did not pull the trigger when that bear stopped & stared Dyrk down. They both have nerves of steel.
    Nerves of steel and lots of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
      Is there a guide with a back up rifle in the video next to the hunter? I see inferences there is from others here but I didn't see him in the video.

You can see the guide with the rifle at the end of the video

Comment

I cant believe he stood there as that bear came toward him. I wish I knew how close the bear actually passed. Feet for sure if it was 8 yds on the second shot.

Comment

Not interested in doing that, but very cool to watch.

Comment

Wow. TexasTK you should send that video into Meateater, may end up on his podcast!

Comment

Crazy

Comment

Impressive nerves.

Rwc

Comment

That could have ended badly!!

Comment

So, I knew how it ended, because the OP didn't say "send up some prayers for my buddy's family he got eaten by a bear."

And I still cringed when bear ran by dude. Wow.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy!! So what happens if the bear starts eating Dirk when he passes him there after the first shot. Does the guide just start shooting in amongst them? Seems to be a very risky set up. I'm sure all set ups come with a high bit of risk when hunting brown bears with a bow. But I'd sure feel more comfortable if the guide was by my side in case of a charge.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          You can see the guide with the rifle at the end of the video
                          Yeah I didn't watch to the end but now I see it. So the guide with the backup rifle wasn't within arms reach of the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            Crazy!! So what happens if the bear starts eating Dirk when he passes him there after the first shot. Does the guide just start shooting in amongst them? Seems to be a very risky set up. I'm sure all set ups come with a high bit of risk when hunting brown bears with a bow. But I'd sure feel more comfortable if the guide was by my side in case of a charge.
                            Pretty sure it was the hunters decision to have guide at a distance. It is easier to get busted with two people as opposed to one when making final stalk.
                            I think it took them 2 hrs to get set up & in position for the shot.
                            No doubt a lot of risk involved but both are very experienced.

Comment

Judging from where the guide was at, I wonder if he had a clean shot at the bear, or if the hunter was partially in the way. How crazy would it be if the guide admitted his gun jammed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed a giant brown bear down near the Aleutian islands with a 375 Ultra mag, it got very interesting, cannot even imagine going after one with a bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X