Paycheck Protection Program Data Lookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
    Hmm this is quite enlightening to say the least. Thanks for the link.
    No need to thank me. Just doing my part.

Comment

Congratulations to those that got it but why can't I ever get some welfare. I tried but all my income is passive and that don't count for a welfare check.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
        I guess myself and my little hobby ranching business missed out on the free money. I must be too honest because it never crossed my mind.
        Same here, I gotta be honest the ones I see on there that did it don't surprise me one bit...

Comment

I've been employed through the whole pandemic and had some really slow times at the shop. Never had to collect unemployment though thanks to the PPP nor have I worried about a layoff. I'm thankful to be where I'm at!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
            I guess myself and my little hobby ranching business missed out on the free money. I must be too honest because it never crossed my mind.
            Kind of wish I hadn't opened this thread and looked because now I have a little animosity towards some people/businesses that took a loan and were the busiest they have ever been.
            I chose not to get the loan..
            But a lit of the small independent shops I deal with did..
            I never missed a meal or a payment..
            Kept trusting God and paying my tithes and sweating out the slow weeks..
            Now it’s like it never happened.
            I don’t need anyone other than my book keeper digging into my books!

Comment

People are sheep and theyre being led to slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                I don’t disagree with the sentiment. Then again, the government is great about redistribution by giving to those who do not contribute. I’m all in for stopping the handouts across the board. While we’re at it let’s just scrap our income tax system and go to a straight nationwide sales tax. Let’s just eliminate the loopholes and at the same time
                stop penalizing success.
                Only correct answer. Pipedream tho

Comment

I’m glad people that needed it got it. However, there are some businesses in my neck of the woods that got a big chunk and they are living large!

Comment

I'm 100% sure that there was fraud. But yall shouldn't villainize folks that took out a PPP loan. This program was set up as one of the largest corporate welfare programs ever. It did was it was designed to do...put money in the hands of producers/employers to stimulate the economy. The rules were very straight forward. If you were a business owner (including sole proprietor) and you chose not to participate in the program, then that was your decision. If you want to be rigid ideologue, so be it.

The US govt has added 12 trillion in new money to the economy in the last year. This program was a drop in the bucket. 12 trillion is 40K per every man woman and child in the entire USA. There are 114 million working age folks in the US that average 49k/year in salary. Wrap you head around that. We more than double the nations standard of living in 12 months through welfare.
                    Last edited by JBJTX81; 05-18-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Some of yall need to educate yourself on the PPP and other loans

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                        The US govt has added 12 trillion in new money to the economy in the last year. This program was a drop in the bucket. 12 trillion is 40K per every man woman and child in the entire USA. There are 114 million working age folks in the US that average 49k/year in salary. Wrap you head around that. We more than double the nations standard of living in 12 months through welfare.
                        Yessir and most was added by non-elected officials IE the federal reserve. Don't get me wrong, I was and am against stimulus and extended unemployment but those ended up being a drop in the bucket compared to the welfare for the rich.

But who am I to beech, I have made and will continue to make a good living on the gifts the good Lord had given to me in the beginning before I was deserving of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Some of yall need to educate yourself on the PPP and other loans
                          Really? PPP is welfare not a loan. You are supposed to pay back a loan. Usually plus interest. Educate yourself in the difference between a loan and welfare.

Comment

I run our small family owned engineering firm. We Work in O&G. Without PPP we would have gone under. No question. Early in the pandemic I made the decision to pivot hard into commercial and industrial work. We have added 50% to our workforce. Without those funds 35 years of my father's work would have been gone.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                              I am in the banking industry and as an industry we were tasked with getting the money out the door. I can tell you that while I am against government handouts, they are going to happen. I believe that they are much more useful going to small businesses that had to certify and commit to keeping folks hired on rather than just a handout for nothing to individuals (many of whom pay no taxes).

If the government is going to hand it out then I’d rather it go back to those who actually pay in.
                              That was my outlook when it was offered. We took it, and I distributed every available penny to my employees and prepping our company for the worst, in unstable times. My people showed up to work throughout the bull****, and I am gratefull to them for that.

I also don't give two wet farts what anyone else thinks about it. Most people who make judgements on small business owners for how they operate, don't know **** from wild honey about what it takes to keep things going.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                Really? PPP is welfare not a loan. You are supposed to pay back a loan. Usually plus interest. Educate yourself in the difference between a loan and welfare.
                                Actually is was a loan with terms......that could be turned into a grant if certain conditions were met.

Comment

Working...
                                X