No announcement yet.

Insurance claim/Hail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with hail damage right now on a truck. Check sent to me in my name only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
      So what happens when you do go get it fixed and shop says it’ll be 1500 or 2000 more than the check you demanded? Your case is closed if they are paying you direct, isn’t it? If they go thru the shop, the case is still pending until the shop completes the repairs and anything not originally on the estimate once identified gets added on. I’m afraid if you demand payment you may loose this benefit, not sure.
      I asked this question when I spoke to them last week.. I was told they had a place on their website for the body shop to amend the estimate if it were to cost more than their estimate.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
        I asked this question when I spoke to them last week.. I was told they had a place on their website for the body shop to amend the estimate if it were to cost more than their estimate.
        Yeah....if

It’s going to be more than their inadequate estimate.

It’s almost like it’s on purpose.

Comment

Don't think for a minute the adjuster is on your side. The insurance company is paying him. JMO!!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            I am just waiting to see what shows up in the mail this week before doing anything else. I logged into my Germania account today and it shows the claim for my truck hail repair as "Closed" and Claim Losses Paid as of 5-1-21. I am betting that it will be made out to me only since I have emails stating that I didn`t know who I was going to use. If not, I`ll have to take it to another level.
            Well I have closure. I did receive a check last week made out to me "only" from Germania like I thought I would. They sent a copy of the repair estimate from the adjuster as well. I still don`t know why they were so persistent about who it was made out to(me and body shop) after sending a copy of the clear title to them. Unnecessary aggravation I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              You should be on the phone or in the office of your agent tomorrow. That’s what you pay them for. Our local agent goes to bat for his clients regularly. Most Germania agents I’ve met are very good resource and advocate for you when dealing with the home office
              Yep. I have never had to do more than tell my agent what's up and they take it from there.

Comment

Working...
              X