No announcement yet.

Need help with Samsung washing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a pair of old Maytag washer and dryer from the 90s, they worked great. Then my wife had to have a new washer and dryer. So about five or six years ago. We bought new Whirlpool washer and dryer. Both top loading, the washer had no agitator and a huge drum. The washer 100% of the time, when it got to the spin cycle, would start shaking and walking around, then shut it's self off. We called Home Depot who had us call Whirlpool, they sent out two guys who did not look like they had ever used hand tools in their life. They were supposed to be repairmen, I seriously doubt it.

We told them what was going on, they told us, they all do that, they all have the same problem. They said there was noting they could do. That's great to get told that on a brand new washing machine. Then they told us that Maytag, Whirlpool, Kenmore and some of the other older companies were all merged into one company and they were all made the same way, in the same plant. So changing brands was not going to help either. That did not go over well. Then my wife over multiple months while getting on various groups other women get on, she found multiple discussions about washers and driers having the same problem ours had. The word on those groups, was all of the top load washers, with the large drums and no agitator, made around the time we bought ours, had that problem. So we lived with the dang thing till the end of this past year. We found if you put a lot of weight on the washer right as it went to the spin cycle, it would not shake it's self to death. Basically have someone sit on the washer, during the spin cycle. That or put about 80+ lbs. on the top of the washer and it does not get out of balance and does not shake and walk all over the place.

This past Christmas, I bought my wife a new washer and the dryer. I asked before buying a new washer, about what companies were all owned by the same company. I was told that Maytag, Whirlpool, Kenmore and maybe Amana were all the same company, all being the same, except for Amana, which is a lower end brand, no frills really a older style washer and dryer, like we used to have.

I was told LG, is it's own company, not associated with the group of old American appliance companies. Then Samsung was also it's own company, not associated with the group of old American appliance companies that have all merged and gone to crap.

So I looked at LG and Samsung. I bought my wife a Samsung, she loves the thing, I have to admit, it's seems to be a very good washing machine. I am sure the electronics are not going to last 20 years, but right now, it is a whole world better than the junk we just got rid of. My wife loves the washer so much, she insisted on getting a matching dryer. The only complaint I have with either, is the little songs they both play, when they are finished. After a while, you get used to it. Both the washer and dryer, so far, have been working great, but we have only had them since December on the washer and January on the dryer.

Since buying the new washer and dryer, I have talked to a few people who told me about having bought front loading washer and dryers. From what I was told on those, they all have problems, one being they smell like mildew, because they don't drain all the water out. So they leave water standing, which will cause your clothes to smell. I have heard the front loading washer and dryers have numerous other problems. Luckily, we missed out on buying a front load washer or dryer.

Hopefully the pair we got, will last us at least 10 years. One thing I did notice and found nothing on, was both washer and dryer have what looks like a 9 pin serial port on the back side. My first thought was the washer and dryer could possible communicate with each other. That or that port is for diagnoses purposes. I did not find anything in the manual about the serial port.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-22-2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
      Samsung are junk. My 4yo dryer blew flames out the back of it! If your close to stephenville I have a blue, glass top washing machine I’d give your aunt and uncle.
      Thank you sir. They are a long distance away from your location. Very generous offer and I appreciate that very much. It was difficult getting someone out to work on their washer. They bought an extended warranty when the set was originally purchased. It took several attempts to prove it was still under warranty. Finally got an appliance tech out to confirm the issue. He says it’s the motor and got one on order.

If I wasn’t having to take help take care of my aunt and uncle I’d still see about taking you up on your offer. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
        Thank you sir. They are a long distance away from your location. Very generous offer and I appreciate that very much. It was difficult getting someone out to work on their washer. They bought an extended warranty when the set was originally purchased. It took several attempts to prove it was still under warranty. Finally got an appliance tech out to confirm the issue. He says it’s the motor and got one on order.

If I wasn’t having to take help take care of my aunt and uncle I’d still see about taking you up on your offer. Thanks.
        No worries, let me know if something changes

Comment

My gut said it was the computer and or control panel but since it’s under warranty I won’t work on it . Tech showed up and replaced the motor and that wasn’t it. Said he’s ordering the wiring harness and computer.

Comment

My suggestion is that you take it outside, put it in your truck and take it to the nearest tank.

They make great structure.

It’s just about the only thing they do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
              I know the refrigerators are pure junk for sure. Probably the same as all there appliances. Definitely won't consider any Samsung appliance after my refrigerator fiasco.

Amen to that! I'm on a first name basis with the repair man. HE finally told me stop getting anything Samsung past their TVs.

Comment

I've had a Samsung ref for 8 years now, ice maker went out once and I just fixed the common ice-ball problem. Fortunately both times I repaired myself with Google and Youtube's help. I probably wont buy another.

Comment

Working...
                X