Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    I just spoke to my brother who is a Border Patrol agent in the Comstock sector. To say he is ****** and saddened would be an understatement. He has access to the actual transcripts and reports. And what he told me choked up in tears would **** everyone of. The SRO officers engaged the shooter upon entry and shots were fired. The officers inside the building retreated and called for backup, Instead of continuing to engage the shooter they allowed him to enter the room and barackade himself. At that point the shooter had the advantage and local law waited for backup. Even though there were LE inside the building and outside the building. Total failure of LE. Leadership told all officers to secure the area and wait for SWAT etc. Thank God for the off duty BP agent and said F’ this and went in with 2 other volunteers.
    Texas DPS released estate this afternoon they said there were no resource officers on scene. It was normally one there but he was off-campus doing something. There was no indication that any officers engaged him when he was entering.

From the Uvalde Chief Of Police, two of his officers entered to engage the suspect and were both shot.

Which versions are true?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      He did his shooting right off and then took up a defensive position. He wasnt blastin for an hour.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      You don't know that and there was zero % chance the officers standing outside the classroom could make ANY reasonable conclusion that there weren't more children inside that room in imminent danger after 4 minutes.

Comment

I just spoke to my brother who is a Border Patrol agent in the Comstock sector. To say he is ****** and saddened would be an understatement. He has access to the actual transcripts and reports. And what he told me choked up in tears would **** everyone of. The SRO officers engaged the shooter upon entry and shots were fired. The officers inside the building retreated and called for backup, Instead of continuing to engage the shooter they allowed him to enter the room and barackade himself. At that point the shooter had the advantage and local law waited for backup. Even though there were LE inside the building and outside the building. Total failure of LE. Leadership told all officers to secure the area and wait for SWAT etc. Thank God for the off duty BP agent and said F’ this and went in with 2 other volunteers.
        I really do hope the Tx Rangers expose what actually transpired & families get closure to this whole fubar situation...beginning to lose faith.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          Texas DPS released estate this afternoon they said there were no resource officers on scene. It was normally one there but he was off-campus doing something. There was no indication that any officers engaged him when he was entering.

From the Uvalde Chief Of Police, two of his officers entered to engage the suspect and were both shot.

Which versions are true?
          I know I’m going with what my brother says. I haven’t heard him this ****** of since his best friend was in Iraq. I haven’t seen him choked up like this since that day.

Comment

Brandon, the DPS guy who did the news conference I saw earlier today dispelled the story of the SRO. He said there was NO SRO in the building. Lots of facts that are being misstated.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              You don't know that and there was zero % chance the officers standing outside the classroom could make ANY reasonable conclusion that there weren't more children inside that room in imminent danger after 4 minutes.
              There is transcript and witnesses that confirm the shooter told them it’s time to die. Doesn’t matter 40 minutes to an hour to secure a room is a failure on many levels

Comment

Yea it's looking worse by the minute..
                I know a bunch of LEO's and grew up with many of those, some are friends and family.. Maybe 10% of all of them I know have the aggressive, protective "sheepdog" mentality it would take to engage this level of evil while lead is flying.. As for the rest of them, it's just a job with benefits..

One question I'm not seeing asked by any media is what gun shop sells this weirdo looking, lunatic individual, 2 AR's, full body armor and a large quantity of Ammo all in one purchase without hesitation??? That should raise every single red flag there is.. Legal or not judgement should have been used and that should have never happened... If it was my call that license would be revoked forever..

So many things apparently went wrong and now these poor babies and teachers are dead ..

Comment

I know I’m going with what my brother says. I haven’t heard him this ****** of since his best friend was in Iraq. I haven’t seen him choked up like this since that day.
                  I am not saying that he did not read someone else’s report about what they heard.

Either fortunately or unfortunately, that does not make it fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    My question is…how did he buy the rifles without a driver’s license? He could not drive (probably why he wrecked the truck) and “they” said he did not know how to drive and did not have a license. What other ID would an 18 year old have that would verify his age?

Having said/asked that, it would have made NO DIFFERENCE if he had been 22 instead of 18!

In the ABC interview his grandfather gave, he said he had no drivers license. I had the same questions about him purchasing the rifles without a DL but realized he can with any government issued ID. Probably a Texas ID card or even a passport I assume.

In the Grandfathers statement, he said he did not know the shooter had the rifles and if he did know he would have turned him in as the grandfather was a felon and could not be around firearms. Ok, so how did he get to the store not once but twice to purchase the rifles. It was reported even his closest friend said they had become distant and when he was shown the rifles he asked what he needed them for. Did his grandmother take him to purchase them? Unlikely IMO. Did he have permission to drive their truck? Unlikely IMO. So we’re left with him using the truck without permission. (All this is assumption based upon narrowing down what reports I’ve seen or read). Could there have been a confrontation between the grandmother and the shooter about using the truck and that’s when he shot her? Possibly IMO.

As you said earlier, Burnadell, the more time passes, the more information is released. Hopefully the grandmother fully recovers and can shed some light into his home life, his behavior, problems, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Yea it's looking worse by the minute..
                      I know a bunch of LEO's and grew up with many of those, some are friends and family.. Maybe 10% of all of them I know have the aggressive, protective "sheepdog" mentality it would take to engage this level of evil while lead is flying.. As for the rest of them, it's just a job with benefits..

One question I'm not seeing asked by any media is what gun shop sells this weirdo looking, lunatic individual, 2 AR's, full body armor and a large quantity of Ammo all in one purchase without hesitation??? That should raise every single red flag there is.. Legal or not judgement should have been used and that should have never happened... If it was my call that license would be revoked forever..

So many things apparently went wrong and now these poor babies and teachers are dead ..
                      I have heard….. and compared with the other rumors that have come out about this, it could be meaningless….. that it is a fairly well-known and popular sporting goods store in Uvalde.

Comment

I have heard….. and compared with the other rumors that have come out about this, it could be meaningless….. that it is a fairly well-known and popular sporting goods store in Uvalde.
                        Well whoever it was would never sell another gun if it was my call..
                        A firearms dealers license comes with a VERY high level of responsibility. They failed miserably. I guess disernment and judgement were absent that day..
                        It makes no sense at all..

Comment

Hardly!!
                          So are you good dropping the age to 12 or even 15?? If so why not??
                          Nope, leaving it alone where 18 is considered a full grown man in the government and real world eyes. This is a country founded on freedom I personally would love to keep the freedoms we have not lost yet. The government is not the answer your looking for. If your willing to give up freedoms every time some terrible individual takes advantage of our freedoms we would be left with nothing.

Comment

I am not saying that he did not read someone else’s report about what they heard.

Either fortunately or unfortunately, that does not make it fact.
                            I’m not say it makes it fact but when you have video of parents screaming and crying for officers to do something while gun fire is heard in the background and seeing officers holding parents back it makes a hard case he is not lying. Even early reports stated the BP agent that engaged the shooter did so against orders

Comment

I’m not say it makes it fact but when you have video of parents screaming and crying for officers to do something while gun fire is heard in the background and seeing officers holding parents back it makes a hard case he is not lying. Even early reports stated the BP agent that engaged the shooter did so against orders
                              And if the DPS statement that there was no SRO came from the Chief of Police's report, and the Chief was the guy that told everybody to stand down and wait for backup, then it would be reasonable to assume he might be making excuses to cover for his poor handling of the situation.

I obviously have zero clue if that is how it happened. Just speculation, based on everything that's being said. I'd sure hope that the local cops didn't just stand down and do nothing for that long. But it doesn't look good, based on what we're seeing and hearing so far. Time will tell.

Comment

I will get roasted for saying this but I do not care..
                                This day and age, with the severe lack of maturity kids have these days verses when that law was written, 18 years old is not nearly old enough... Most 18 year olds nowadays are very immature mentally for various reasons.. They are a product of today's culture.. It is what it is. Hell you have to be 21 to buy a beer or a wine cooler... 18 year olds of today have no business buying guns..
                                It's time to raise this age limit substantially... 21 or older.

I’ll stand with you on this ttax. The culture has shifted and you have to adapt or get left behind. Same with a business, athletics and many other things. Why was the drinking age raised from 18 to 21 in the mid-80’s? And yes, raise the draft age to 21 as well, I’d be scared to death to have most of the 18 year olds I see defending this country. Not saying there aren’t some 18 year olds that couldn’t handle all of the above, sure there are. I’d much rather see something like this passed than banning high capacity mags. Prayers for Uvalde.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X