No announcement yet.

Anybody still hunt from one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You had to hang it just above a horizontal branch so you would have a place to put your feet. Once Gametamer and others came out with adjustable stands Swivel Limb went away (or they may have been sued out of existence) I'm also going to use it for a seated shot at our upcoming TBOT shoot, however it will be mounted low enough to put your feet on the ground

Comment

I almost Bought one way back in the day. Figured with the oak trees It would come in handy.

Comment

Yep. Still have it out in the garage along with a lot of other stuff we never use anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Like those old Baker climbers made from plywood and cloth straps.
          I still have my old Baker Climber that I bought in the early 1970's. They were dangerous. I slid down a pine tree a couple of times.

Comment

Like jerp, I bought one a whole lot of years ago. I still have it but haven't used it since the first year I bought it.

Comment

I have one that I still use, and I love it.

Comment

Yep, The worst stand I ever had, don’t remember what happened to mine and don’t care either.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  You had to hang it just above a horizontal branch so you would have a place to put your feet. Once Gametamer and others came out with adjustable stands Swivel Limb went away (or they may have been sued out of existence) I'm also going to use it for a seated shot at our upcoming TBOT shoot, however it will be mounted low enough to put your feet on the ground
                  A friend of mine is one of the people that designed it. I don't think they had a single lawsuit against them when he owned the company. I have two of them & you can put them on a tree & jump up and down on them & it won't break. They are perfect for just the right tree. He sold the company. Maybe they had issues after that when they did some mods to them. They used to sell them on Sportsman's Guide & the new company put a foot platform on it.

Comment

Mine is in the shop building somewhere. I haven’t hunted out of an elevated bow stand in 15 years. All have to worry about now is not falling out of my chair!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      I still have my old Baker Climber that I bought in the early 1970's. They were dangerous. I slid down a pine tree a couple of times.
                      Yep, I had one too and used it a lot. For those who don't know this stand, you would put your feet into the foot straps facing the tree and then hug the tree to go up, similar to climbers now. After I moved to Texas, my dad told me about the new stands with two parts, one for the feet and one for your hands, today's climbers. It was a real trick to go from standing to sitting back to standing. 20+' I remember staying in mine for the entire day, once.

Comment

I'm guessing you remember a horror story I wrote about my baker....

Comment

I used to own one, but it's hell to fall asleep in!!!

Comment

Boy yall must have been rich to have such things back in the day. I just climbed a tree and found a spot I could stand and draw. That was the extent of my tree stands because it was all I could afford.

Comment

Had a few of those myself---and I have a couple of strap-on stands in the shed that haven't been on a tree in maybe 30 years.

Comment

Pretty sure I have one in a tree in Arkansas and one in Kansas. Haven't seen either in many years but man I thought they were the thing back in the day. Been in a game tamer since and just "matured" into a 6x6 box for the upcoming season. Looking forward to bowhunting with a heater, a comfortable chair, snacks, drinks and Netflix. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X