Anyone use perimeter alarms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use perimeter alarms

I’ve got a place out west that’s about ten miles off the river and had an encounter with a group of illegals back in April at 230 in the morning. Fixing to head back out for a work weekend and was thinking about maybe a wireless perimeter alarm to place along the cabin and driveway just so I don’t have any surprises in the middle of the night. I’m pretty sure there was a coyote picking people up just east of my place and the creek was being used as a staging area. I didn’t have any problems last time out, just didn’t like them walking up on me at 230 in the morning.

With all the activity down there it might be a good idea but be prepared for a lot of false alarms. I had one on my driveway and finally removed it. Any movement set it off, grass blowing in the wind, animals walking by, birds flying. But still, if it gives you peace of mind, go for it.

Me...I would prefer some good old M16 APM’s.

Comment

I've used cell cameras in the past. Obviously that has limited range so it's not realistic to cover an entire large property. Gotta focus on choke points and likely/known routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        With all the activity down there it might be a good idea but be prepared for a lot of false alarms. I had one on my driveway and finally removed it. Any movement set it off, grass blowing in the wind, animals walking by, birds flying. But still, if it gives you peace of mind, go for it.

Me...I would prefer some good old M16 APM’s.
        There’s the 209 primer alarms, but I don’t want to mess with trip cords. I’m thinking maybe the trip cords in the areas I don’t move much and a sensor in the road. The wind is always howling out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
          I've used cell cameras in the past. Obviously that has limited range so it's not realistic to cover an entire large property. Gotta focus on choke points and likely/known routes.
          Out west they can come from anywhere. It’s open but rough country. No cell service either.

Comment

Ghost pepper shells....lol
            They make them

Comment

I ordered a 209 primer one off of Ebay. Have not used it but I bet that would make them clear out rather quickly hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                There’s the 209 primer alarms
                Oh yeah, I forgot about l those. Those would be fun to watch.

Comment

Get about 200 guinea chicks , raise them, then turn em loose on your property. They’ll create such a racket the the illegals will come pay you for mercy to make it stop.

Seriously, when I lived in the country I had 5. They would roost in an old oak tree and would eat out anything that came within 300 yards of the house. Way better alarm system than the **** dogs. I ended up blasting them and eating them because they wouldn’t shut up
                  Last edited by txpitdog; 08-13-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X