South Texas Bow Hunting Setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Bow Hunting Setups

Show me your bow hunting setups for deer hunting down in South Texas. Particularly interested in placement of stands/blinds in relation to corn/protein/cottonseed feeders along senderos.

Probably gonna be pop ups, box blinds and brush blinds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s your current set up in Maverick county look like?

Comment

My favorite is a 6’ tripod I tuck into some black brush on a sendero about 50 yards from my feed pen. Our mature deer are smart and if you get busted once over a feed pen they will start approaching it from down wind. So I’ll hand corn the sendero in front of my tripod a little ways down from my pen. I also have some pop ups 18 yards off a sendero brushed in good. One for a SE wing and the other for a N wind.

Comment

Exclusively hunt from the ground in pop ups and brush blinds. Set ups are at feeders, water, and travel routes. Distance wise 25-45 yards to feeder if I have one on a feeder that season. Others it all just depends on surrounding brush. 95% of set ups are for SE winds but a few can be hunted for a N wind as well. That’s about all there is to it really. Just make sure things are brushed in well or set out for a length of time before hunting it.

Comment

I only hunt brush blinds that I rebuild each season (Webb County). I've been thinking about building something a little more permanent, but I don't really want to hunt from a pop up or metal blind. I like being in the open air, even though I get busted from time to time.

Mine are typically about 25 yards from the feeder. I'll then hand feed between 20-25 yards from the blind.

Comment

Here's the view from mine last year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This is one of our set-ups. We cleared out the brush on the west side of the feed pen for predominant winds, and placed the blind about 25 yards from the feed pen. I have a 35-40 yard shot behind the feed pen and farther to either side, if needed. I prefer 30 yard shots or less. One other set-up is very similar, and works great for multiple wind directions, and for where our deer travel from.

Comment

View from the blind.

Comment

Comment

One of my maverick blinds tucked into the brush

Comment

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
                        One of my maverick blinds tucked into the brush

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Brush in a box blind with a couple of shooting Windows.

Comment

If I have target deer I’m after I like to clear a pocket of brush and set a pop up and then brush it in. I like them to sit at least a week before I get in it.

Other than that I like a Krivoman on a small platform 3-5 feet up set up on feeders.

Comment

This is my Krivoman set up. Took the picture in the summer before a good mow and brush trimming around windows. It’s been a great set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X