Ford or GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Often ones opinion depends on what their Dad drove.

If Dad drove a ford… chances are child will drive a ford

If Dad drove a GM….. we’ll….. they probably had 2 dads
    I see what you did there!

Comment

Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
        We run a fleet of over 200 lease trucks for the field engineers. Currently everyone is in the Chevy 1500/2500 4x4. The transmission goes out around 100k, this has happened to multiple engineers including myself and I run with an empty bed.

The best trucks we ever leased were the Dodge 2500, they were tanks never broke down. I purchased mine from lease agency after 120k miles and gave to my son. He traded after 300k on it still running strong and he hit a hog and buck with it on the ranch he worked for.

When I purchase it will be a dodge.

Ram 2500 diesel or gas? I’ve been looking at them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Often ones opinion depends on what their Dad drove.

If Dad drove a ford… chances are child will drive a ford

If Dad drove a GM….. we’ll….. they probably had 2 dads

Haha, I normally can’t stand the Ford vs Chevy comments, but that one is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
            Found
            On
            Road
            Dead

‘Nuff said [emoji2371]

Still better than the ........

Gooberment Motor Company

First
            On
            Race
            Day

Comment

I have a new Ford F-250 diesel and I’m not that happy with it. The dealership sucks. The radio is a hunk of crap that has never worked right. Touchscreen is crap. Can’t get the dealership to do anything they said they’d do. No call backs. Can’t hardly get a loaner when I bring it to them to fix the stuff they’ve had it several times to fix and still can’t get it right. I’ve had Ram 2500 diesels for years and I’m gonna go back to Ram and get the HO Cummins with the Aisin tranny. I wouldn’t buy a Chevy to pull a 4x8 trailer. I think I’m done with Ford after this treatment. Mak Haik Ford is terrible.

Comment

2020 F350 C/C STX FX4 long bed with the 7.3 gasser and new 10 speed but 3.73 gearing. Have not pulled anything heavy, probably 5000#'s max. This thing will pull anything you want with plenty of power left. i have hit 95 mph on passing lanes with a load with no problems!
                Love this truck and no problems with pushing 28,000 miles!

Comment

Here’s my question after comment…..is anyone seeing dealers that are selling HD trucks for either sticker price or under by chance? Some of these dealerships have went to $5000 over sticker. I’m not ever gonna do that! Anyone that does needs to quit it. That’s screwing up the market for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                    I’m pretty sure the Chevy and Ford 10SPD transmission is the same transmission.

Now idk if Chevy is running it in the gas model 3/4 and 1 tons
                    They don't put the 10spd with the 6.6 gasser in the HD trucks, or they didn't when last I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                      I have a new Ford F-250 diesel and I’m not that happy with it. The dealership sucks. The radio is a hunk of crap that has never worked right. Touchscreen is crap. Can’t get the dealership to do anything they said they’d do. No call backs. Can’t hardly get a loaner when I bring it to them to fix the stuff they’ve had it several times to fix and still can’t get it right. I’ve had Ram 2500 diesels for years and I’m gonna go back to Ram and get the HO Cummins with the Aisin tranny. I wouldn’t buy a Chevy to pull a 4x8 trailer. I think I’m done with Ford after this treatment. Mak Haik Ford is terrible.
                      Dealership, not the brand. A lot have had trouble with most, Ford, Chebbie or Ram. Not necessarily the make but the dealership! All makes have trouble, just depends.

Comment

Here’s my question after comment…..is anyone seeing dealers that are selling HD trucks for either sticker price or under by chance? Some of these dealerships have went to $5000 over sticker. I’m not ever gonna do that! Anyone that does needs to quit it. That’s screwing up the market for everyone

Only way I’ve found that you are going to pay sticker is by ordering it directly from Ford. I joined mustang club of America for $35 and after 90 days I’ll be able to get X-plan, so it will save me a few grand under MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by low fence View Post
                          often ones opinion depends on what their dad drove.

If dad drove a ford… chances are child will drive a ford

if dad drove a gm….. We’ll….. They probably had 2 dads
                          lmao!

Comment

GM all the way.

Comment

I’ve found a few in Texas that will do 1% under invoice when ordering, 2% and 5% under invoice at dealers outside of Texas.

Almost traded in my 20’ F-250 7.3 Tremor to take advantage of below invoice pricing plus a $3500 PCO I’ve got, but decided to hold off.

For what it’s worth I’ve been happy with the 7.3 in my 20’ Tremor (35” tires and 4.30 rear). I’ve got about 17k miles now and haven’t had any issues. Would buy the 7.3 over the diesel if I were purchasing again.

Comment

I would go Ford.
                                We have always had GM work trucks. The motor has been solid, but the transmissions suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X