Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
    I’ve been reminiscing a lot here lately about some old hunts and stuff.

I was digging around in my old archery tackle box and came across the broadhead I used on my first bowkill doe. I had scratched the memory into the ferrule.

I still remember that crazy hunt and sure glad I kept it for all these years. The date was October 1992.

I used a Rocky Mountain Ultra 125 grain 1.5” cut. It’s a big sucker for sure. Lol

So, let’s hear what broad head all of you guys and gals used for your first kill.

Here’s the pic..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocky Mountain Razors were they premium broadhead for quite a few years, back in the 80s and early 90s.

My first kill was with the old Wal-Mart Bear broadheads. The ones with the big fixed blade that you could resharpen. Then had a small removeable/replaceable razor blade. They worked pretty good. My first kill was back around 1984 or 85.

That was my first kill with a broadhead. First kill was actually probably a world record gopher, that took me about two days of sitting in a oak tree before I finally shot it. I shot that gopher through the ground, with a old fiberglass Been Pearson 25 lb. recurve, with a cheap target arrow, with a field tip glued in the end.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-26-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Whitetail doe. Thunderhead 125 on an Easton gamegetter 2117. Browning Bushmaster Bow. 1989 I think. I was 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by gigem95; 08-26-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Bear Super Razorhead on the end of a Easton xx75. Shot out of my Hoyt Spectra Raider. Connected on a piglet hunting Laguna Atascosa. 1993! I swear it all happened in slow motion. I was hooked!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SneakyPhil; 08-26-2021, 09:34 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Bear razor head on a hand tapered port orford cedar shaft fletched with hand burned natural turkey feathered powered by a Wing recurve.

Comment

Muzzy on a pig

Comment

Rocket Hammerhead 3 blade expandable on a doe. Liver shot... looked like a red sprinkler coming out of each side.. she didn't go 10 yards.

Comment

Slick Trick Magnum 100

Comment

90 gr 4 blade Muzzy. Early 90s. 7 pt WT Montague CO.

Easton PCs w outserts from an XI Legacy. 72#s, 31" draw w 4" OVERDRAW!

GOOD TIMES!

Comment

Bear Razor Head on what ever type of aluminum arrow I could find to shoot out of my Bear Whitetail Hunter purchased at Woolsworth for $55.00.

Comment

75gr Mini-Blaster Rockets, spike buck at 34yds with a Mathews FeatherMax.

Comment

Muzzy 100 3 blade.

Comment

Day six evo

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

My first kill was with a blunt on a cottontail. My first deer kill was with a 4-Blade Muzzy 125.

Comment

Broadhead

Punchcutter!!
                              I think it was 85 grain!!!!!!!

Basically Rage stole their thunder. Pretty much same concept just 20 years later lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I used a PSE Brute 3 blade head to take a small 5 point at Lake Whitney on Corps land.

Comment

Working...
                                X