No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have experience with Trailmanor campers? We want to get back in to camping but wnat to be able to store it in the garage versus paying storage, but want more room than a pop up. We're down to one girl (out of 3) at home so we don't need the space of the 5th wheel any longer and want to make easier trips at longer distances.

Comment

To keep the toilet valve from freezing, provided you have electricity, put a small space heater in the bathroom. Set it on low and close the door. I replaced quite a few before I started doing this. Yes, I winterize the camper and blow the lines. Somehow a little water stays in the valve.

Comment

A heater like that is a must in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Well, we had a few hang-ups between buyer and seller banks that won’t be resolved until Monday or Tuesday, so essentially we are renting our new camper until then!

I met the seller in Buda to pick up the camper this morning. I had hoped to beat the rain to get it set up at our Blanco lease, but the rain hit early and hard. Fortunately, I managed to book an RV spot at the nearby Blanco State Park for tonight through Wednesday morning (they must have just had a cancellation, because they were full when I checked yesterday!)

I’m here by myself until Wednesday evening, so I spent this afternoon acquiring gear and getting things set up properly.

After much research, we ended up buying a slightly used ‘22 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE.

Pardon the mess, I unloaded quickly in the rain and took pics before cleaning and organizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Hey it looks like you have the 2022 tundra. Do you feel that truck has plenty of power for that camper. I have a 2022 limited hybrid and was looking at a grand design imagine today deciding if if would work.

Comment

That's a wise idea to start such thread! Me and my wife have been recently discussing the possibility of being a trail to travel around the country. We pay the mortgage for our house and want to buy a trailer as well to spend the retirement in a more interesting way. We're both active people; we love hiking, climbing, and active leisure activities. We think of getting one of the trailers from the best travel trailers but we need more opinions. It would be great if you shared the type of trailer you got, some pros and cons, etc. It is a serious purchase and we want to be careful about it. Thanks in advance!
            Last edited by joshbrowne; 01-11-2023, 09:23 AM.

Comment

My bad luck with small issues continues.

Back in October I replaced the door latch/lock on my camper and recently noticed the deadbolt knob was pretty loose. But it was working OK so I didn’t think anything of it.

So then today I was locking it up and the deadbolt latched, but then when I tried turning the key back to the Up position to remove it, it kept spinning and would not unlatch. Now I’m locked out of my camper.

Obviously the whole latch is going to have to be replaced, but I need to get in. Will drilling out the lock work? Is that my only option here? Or will I have to cut into the latch and disassemble the components from the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                My bad luck with small issues continues.

Back in October I replaced the door latch/lock on my camper and recently noticed the deadbolt knob was pretty loose. But it was working OK so I didn’t think anything of it.

So then today I was locking it up and the deadbolt latched, but then when I tried turning the key back to the Up position to remove it, it kept spinning and would not unlatch. Now I’m locked out of my camper.

Obviously the whole latch is going to have to be replaced, but I need to get in. Will drilling out the lock work? Is that my only option here? Or will I have to cut into the latch and disassemble the components from the outside?
                What model and floor plan do you have?

Comment

Off topic a bit but Does anyone know of a decent rv park to lease by a lake? Im looking for one thats quiet and might have a few things to do other than just fishing. Lake Fork Lavon Tawakoni DFW area etc. i see spots for $2,000 and up. I rent a storage spot for $1,000 and had a thought to store and use it at a lake part of the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                    What model and floor plan do you have?
                    Coleman 274 BH, I believe. I found a video online with some instructions on how to properly drill out the lock, and I spoke to someone at the manufacturer today who gave me some additional insight to try. I’ll have to bring a drill and maybe a grinding wheel with a saw blade, but I’ll be able to get in without tearing up the door.

Comment

Do any of your storage areas open up into the interior? Like maybe a storage compartment that is under the bed. That might be an option to squeeze thru or send a kid in…

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                        Do any of your storage areas open up into the interior? Like maybe a storage compartment that is under the bed. That might be an option to squeeze thru or send a kid in…
                        There is one, but it’s super small and you’d have to be a contortionist to get through. But even if someone could it sounds like you still can’t open it from the inside because something inside the handle that connects the latch to the deadbolt came off. So even turning the handle on the inside wouldn’t do any good.

Comment

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Is there a 2023 thread going yet?

We had a quick overnight at Huntsville SP last week.

First trip there.

They have controlled burns going on so only one trail open.

This also pushed the deer (I'm guessing) to the open trail side of the park. When we spooked a buncha deer walking the dogs I'm pretty sure 2 bucks accidentally bumped into each other 'cause for a good 15 seconds they were locked up and in a fight instead of fleeing. Pretty neat to watch. One was a 130's looking dark racked buck.

Anywho- Hunsville SP, full hook up sites available. Sites 10 & 12 would be our pick if/when we go back. The full hook up area sites are tighter together than at other parks IMO, but hey...it's full hook-ups

Plenty of tent sites.
                          Weak on Lake access due to brush along shoreline- I’ll be bringing a kayak if I revisit.

Last edited by DaveC; 02-27-2023, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Someone feel free to start a 2023 thread. Unfortunately due to time constraints I had to part ways with my camper

Comment

Selling our 2022 alliance paradigm 385fl. $88k located in flower mound
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X