Turkey hunt recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey hunt recommendations

My dad is wanting to get his buddy a turkey hunt for his 60th birthday. Anybody have recommendations on a good place a for a 2-3 day hunt? The one he was looking at was $1800 and I thought that was way overpriced for a turkey hunt, depending on accommodations I guess.

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
    My dad is wanting to get his buddy a turkey hunt for his 60th birthday. Anybody have recommendations on a good place a for a 2-3 day hunt? The one he was looking at was $1800 and I thought that was way overpriced for a turkey hunt, depending on accommodations I guess.
    That’s about the going rate these days, way too high IMO but people pay it. There are spring leases to be found for that price and much lower. Day lease hunts I’ve found to be about the most reasonable but they’re just a little tougher.

Comment

I see you hunt in Dickens but Im guessing you don't have many birds. I know a guy that may have some day hunt availability in Dickens Co., usually around $300 a bird.

Comment

You can find them. Went on one a few years back for $600 a bird. That didn’t include a place to stay.

Comment

Your best bang for the buck (and what I do ever year) is go to a state with public land, book lodging as close to the WMA's as possible, and stay for several days. Its still cheaper this way than most bird hunts in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
            I see you hunt in Dickens but Im guessing you don't have many birds. I know a guy that may have some day hunt availability in Dickens Co., usually around $300 a bird.
            Yes our lease is in Spur but we haven't seen a turkey in over 7 years. Can you PM the info and I'll pass it to my dad. He doesn't have the money for the $1800 hunt but a day hunt or two and being able to stay at our camp I bet he'd go for. He just wants his buddy to have a chance at a turkey.

Thanks all

Comment

I just talked to him and they are having to cut back on turkeys because their numbers are down.

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
                I just talked to him and they are having to cut back on turkeys because their numbers are down.

Appreciate you asking. Bump!

Comment

Working...
                X