Tasco 8mp game camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasco 8mp game camera

I see people saying this is a decent camera. It says it's 6 month battery life and runs on AA batteries. What are the cons to this camera? I just need a simple camera that works and takes decent pictures. Don't need video or 10+meg pictures. Does need to take decent night pictures.

If it works and is $30 why would anyone buy other brands for $150+?

I buy them from Walmart.com.
    That way if they don’t work you can easily return them to the nearest store with a receipt.

There are youtube videos on them.

I have about 6-8 of them out right now with no problems.

Pros- Easy to operate, dependable, good battery life, cheap.
    Cons- Video sucks, no battery indicator.

I like the 10mp best. But, I can no longer find them.

Comment

It’s 100% not the quality of picture of a $150 camera. If the deer are close, you can see what they are. If they are far, the best you’ll do is see if it’s a buck or a doe. We also had a few crap out but like stated above they were easy enough to replace. I ended up giving them away and went back to better made cameras.

Comment

I'm running all 14 megapixel Muddys. $29 from Academy. I have eight of them. Had a problem on only one so far, that being too sensative and taking pics of nothing all day.

Both day and night pics are perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had nothing but problems with the Muddy’s. Biggest problem was rainwater getting inside. I ended up either throwing them or giving them away.

Comment

I bought one from wal mart and it takes as good or better pictures than my other ones. Granted none of them are $150 cameras but the best feature of the Tasco is the time/date stamp without having to program anything.

It has been out for a few months and the batteries are still showing full. I will get more I'm sure

Comment

I had 1 Muddy, longest delay you can put on it is 1 minute. Takes about 1200 pictures of nothing all day, but they are clear pictures. Chunked it. I have several Tascos. I get the 12 MP ones from Walmart for like 3 dollars more than the 8mp ones.. No problems so far and they take good day and night pics.

Comment

I run both the tasco and muddy cameras. I prefer the tascos when they work but I've had multiple times where I've had them out for a few weeks only to realize they have crapped out and haven't been taking pictures. With that being said I've only had one muddy camera act up so that's the ones I use more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  I had nothing but problems with the Muddy’s. Biggest problem was rainwater getting inside. I ended up either throwing them or giving them away.
                  Thinking of this now, the one camera I do have problems with gets water inside. I thought about drilling a small hole to drain it even though I shouldn't have too

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    I had 1 Muddy, longest delay you can put on it is 1 minute. Takes about 1200 pictures of nothing all day, but they are clear pictures. Chunked it. I have several Tascos. I get the 12 MP ones from Walmart for like 3 dollars more than the 8mp ones.. No problems so far and they take good day and night pics.
                    I have a couple of the 12’s in use also. No problems after about 3-4 months.
                    The 12’s are actually cheaper now. $29.

Last edited by Bayouboy; 10-30-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      I have a couple of the 12’s in use also. No problems after about 3-4 months.
                      The 12’s are actually cheaper now. $29.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tasco-12-...74CW/356547710
                      If I buy one that works how long do these usually last? 1 year, 2 years, longer?
                      How long do batteries last? And are these the ones that get wet inside?

Comment

I’ve got a couple of the 30 dollar tascos I’ve been running on public land for going on three seasons with out a problem. I highly recommend

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          If I buy one that works how long do these usually last? 1 year, 2 years, longer?
                          How long do batteries last? And are these the ones that get wet inside?
                          Muddy’s get wet inside.
                          Battery life will depend on how many pics it takes. I get a few thousand pics out of mine. If you have it by a feeder it will use the batteries up faster. I get 6-7 months out the one pointed at my camp door.
                          I have had some of these for over two years. I have not had one go bad yet.

Comment

I’m running 10 of these Tasco cameras. They have been out in the field for a few months. No issues so far. They take good enough pictures for me. The videos are pretty good as well. I’m still on the first set of batteries and some of these cameras have already taken over 10k pics. My only issue with them is my Apple products don’t like them. My card reader won’t read the SD cards so I have to use my Windows computer to look at the pics.

Comment

Great camera for the money. They don't have a sensitivity setting. They take a lot of blank pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X