Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On 12 acres….he gon’

Comment

That deer will blow 140 outta the water. In your situation i shoot him no doubt. If i 100% had the place again to hunt, i pass him and let him get to magical 5.5

Comment

The odds that the buck won't make another year may be low, but they're a lot higher than if you kill him.

I think you're doing great! Defensive hunting ("if I don't shoot him my neighbor will") has resulted in millions of acres of Texas that seldom produce a top-notch quality deer. It takes guys like you, 12 acres or not, to start that trend the other direction. And it's not telling other hunters what they should, or should not, shoot. Rather, it's just one guy at a time deciding - old bucks or nor bucks.

As for losing access to a sweet honey-hole, I'll just say - I've got some little and medium racks hanging from my youth, that I love because of the memory of those hunts. But knowing what I know now about deer growth, I also wonder...what could he have been?

Comment

Here's some better pics for you guys from last night. At least he's still coming in. I can just about set my watch every year around October 20th on when I'll start getting daytime pictures of my older bucks coming to the corn... with this cooler weather coming this weekend and moon phase, it may be a few days early this year.
          Attached Files

Comment

For 12 acres that’s a goldmine honey hole

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              For 12 acres that’s a goldmine honey hole
              Lol Yea know it, I'm very fortunate. What's really crazy is the landowner clearcut all 12 acres this spring, but left 50' either side of a creek for an SMZ. Technically I'm only hunting about one acre lol

Comment

Any updates? Did you take this buck? Still seeing him on camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  Any updates? Did you take this buck? Still seeing him on camera?
                  He killed it a few days ago, it’s on another thread

Comment

Definitely a big statement wall piece.
                    Big Racks Taxidermy (281)779-9690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7528.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	24669401

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to Sarah on her gorgeous bobcat. Just check out them spots. Definitely the prettiest cape I’ve had come in. Thanks again for the love and support.
                      Big Racks Taxidermy
                      Webster, Tx.
                      (281)779-9690Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_IMG_20221017_180138_029.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	24696065

Comment

WHOA there Big Racks- hit the back button

Does bring up what happened last year and is this buck still roaming the one acre bowhunting honey hole OP.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                          WHOA there Big Racks- hit the back button

Does bring up what happened last year and is this buck still roaming the one acre bowhunting honey hole OP.

Did you get him?

Comment

Have a set of sheds layin around? Replica skulls are available in many varieties of animals.
                            Big Racks Taxidermy
                            Webster, Tx.
                            (281)779-9690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3360.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	24696110

Comment

Lol

Comment

I'd shoot the 8pt and let him roll. But, that's just me.
                                If he make you happy then shoot him. No other reason is needed. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X