Step down from Tundra to Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    Pretty sure it's a joke. Along with guys in full size trucks (of any make) getting 30 mpg...

Comment

We have both. I love my Tundra. I have no love for the Tacoma. It has too much road noise and is underpowered. My wife is used to it and likes it.

Comment

If you plan to tow at all don’t do it.

Comment

Everyone I know that has a Tacoma is only getting 17-18 mpg MAX. Don’t do it for the increased mpg, because it’s not much...

Comment

Guess I’m the odd man out. I love my 2020 Tacoma!! My gas mileage is consistently 21/22 city and around 23 on highway. I have gotten up to 27 on highway without using cruise control.

Comment

I had a 2017 stock TRD Off-road that would get 19-21mpg in the city or highway. But, as soon as I loaded it down with deer feed(200lbs) and hauling a 55gal barrel of water, the mpg would dip to about 14 to 15. I decided to sell the Taco and get a Camry for city/highway driving and do all my hauling with my 351W 5.8L full-size Bronco. Gas mileage is the same when hauling the same loads and I get more “Nice Bronco!” comments too lol. Bigger is sometimes better……..

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                I had a 2017 stock TRD Off-road that would get 19-21mpg in the city or highway. But, as soon as I loaded it down with deer feed(200lbs) and hauling a 55gal barrel of water, the mpg would dip to about 14 to 15. I decided to sell the Taco and get a Camry for city/highway driving and do all my hauling with my 351W 5.8L full-size Bronco. Gas mileage is the same when hauling the same loads and I get more “Nice Bronco!” comments too lol. Bigger is sometimes better……..
                It’s not for everyone for sure. I really enjoy the ease of driving also. I don’t pull anything but I agree with being loaded down it does make mpg go down.

Comment

Ok. Just got back from the dealer. They offered me $32,000.00 for my 5.7, SR5, 4x4 with almost 67,000 miles on it. It’s a 2015.
                  The number one complaint for Taco owners is (key drum roll). Sardine can effect. Now straight from the dealers mouth an hour ago. “In 2024 the Taco will be redesigned for more cab room.
                  The 5.7 is going away and being replaced with a V6. You’ll have your choice of 5 different V6,s to chose from ranging in horse power from 389 hp up to 500hp and 20,000 lbs towing capacity.
                  He said for the SR5 package it would be my truck and 20 grand; however, I would be able to knock that number down with option reductions.
                  And to answer a previous question I probably drive 10-12,000 miles per year as a retiree.

Comment

I stepped down from an 18' Mega Cab Cummins to a GMC Sierra 1500. I sold my 5th wheel and didn't need the 3/4 ton anymore. I still miss my truck, but I'm much better off without it. And my sierra aint so bad. Still trying to get use to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      Ok. Just got back from the dealer. They offered me $32,000.00 for my 5.7, SR5, 4x4 with almost 67,000 miles on it. It’s a 2015.
                      The number one complaint for Taco owners is (key drum roll). Sardine can effect. Now straight from the dealers mouth an hour ago. “In 2024 the Taco will be redesigned for more cab room.
                      The 5.7 is going away and being replaced with a V6. You’ll have your choice of 5 different V6,s to chose from ranging in horse power from 389 hp up to 500hp and 20,000 lbs towing capacity.
                      He said for the SR5 package it would be my truck and 20 grand; however, I would be able to knock that number down with option reductions.
                      And to answer a previous question I probably drive 10-12,000 miles per year as a retiree.

If that is all you drive then at 15mpg you are only spending $2,400 a year on fuel. if you increased your mpg to 20 mpg you would only save $600 a year on fuel at $3 per gallon gas. your payment on a new truck would increase by more than that per year I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        If that is all you drive then at 15mpg you are only spending $2,400 a year on fuel. if you increased your mpg to 20 mpg you would only save $600 a year on fuel at $3 per gallon gas. your payment on a new truck would increase by more than that per year I would think.
                        This right here. You don't drive enough to have it make sense buying a new "truck" to save on gas.

Good thing about the Tacoma is on nice days you can hang both elbows out the windows.

Comment

Y’all are assuming gas stops at $3.00 a gallon! And we purchased so property as well so mileage will increase.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                            Seriousely?
                            Mine is not lifted and I'm lucky if I get 16 mpg...
                            I had a lifted 18 and I was getting about 11.5 mixed driving

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              We had one....2 wheel drive....18mpg. Unless your making an even trade, you'll never reap the fuel mileage benefits.

There must be something wrong with your truck....most TBHers get 20-25mpg on their lifted Tundras

I own coolers that are bigger than the bed on those trucks too. They are small AF if your used to driving a full size.
                              not me! I get 13 at best

Comment

For my “economy” light to come on I have to drive 35mph or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X