MICHAEL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
      Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
      Wished it never ended

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
        TAMU indicated that it is not possible to shoot, trap, etc. enough pigs to over come their ability to reproduce.
        Because it's not possible. Just like it's not possible to remove carp from our waters.

Comment

Here's a response from a buddy who is a veterinarian plus has his PhD degree in animal disease--

"Many unanswered questions! The sodium nitrite bait can be toxic/lethal to “non/target” species, I’m relatively sure. Just because a coon can’t raise a lid doesn’t preclude the baits spilling outside container, other animals (cattle, etc.) disrupting the containers, etc. what about ingestion of “sub-lethal” amounts? What are human health concerns of eating harvested hogs previously exposed to the “bait”? What if heavy rains “flood” or wash away bait?
          Same questions with regard to the “birth control” solution? Impact on “non-target” animals, including us?
          With any oral bait generally available to the public mis use/mis application will inevitably take place. Legal accountabilities?
          ???????"

Comment

I don't think you can shoot, trap or poison them to the point of control

Comment

Originally posted by mclipp View Post
              I thought that I read where the Aggies were working on birth control for pigs a while back.
              What happened with that?
              I read that most of the boars didn’t have opposable thumbs and found them uncomfortable to wear.

Comment

Eradicating will never happen. They are too adaptable

Control is so easy… but will never happen. Cause it’s Texas for #1 and there are too many that want pigs. The trials and study’s I’ve done have proven effective and would cost the state ZERO…. in fact it would make it a few million…. But again. “I sure would like my nephew to shoot at one if he comes down for thanksgiving” will never ever ever ever allow it to happen in Texas.

My property will be 100% pig fenced the day after cattle operation stops

&@$-% a pig

Comment

Control, maybe not eradication, but control would be easy, if those that complain about hogs actually wanted to do something about it. Better fences work well to keep them out, but that costs money. Big pen traps work well over time, but that would require effort to set and kill them. Shooting them constantly thins them out of an area, but once again requires effort. Poisoning them would work, but has too many possible issues to ever get widely accepted, its a pipe dream. Always devolves to the same thing. Farmer joe has 100 acres of the sweetest corn growing in his field with a falling down 2 strand fence, but it's bubbas deer feeder that's bringing the hogs. Bubba shouldn't be allowed to hunt is the only solution obviously. Now bubba actively trying to support pigs so he can charge people to hunt them definitely wouldn't help. Just like any issue, unless you get the pig haters and hunters to agree to something, problem will remain.
                  Last edited by jdg13; 10-08-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                    Seems like there would be lots of non target species hit by this.
                    You can count on it. But they will try to hide that info. Poison bait, ain't going to wipe out the pig problem. Somebody is set up to make a bunch of money off of the idea and is getting it pushed through.

Comment

When wwIII breaks out we'll be eating them pigs.
                      Don't deplete them yet.

Comment

How can anyone believe anything from someone coming from TAMU. There’s more idiots there than at the other idiot breeding grounds……Austin.

Comment

Ain't gonna work

Comment

Given the example of fire ants we have, I doubt we can ever eliminate pigs. Both invasive species. Controllable? Probably. Eliminate? Doubtful.

What we'll need is another great depression where a bunch of people get really hungry. After my relatives in ETX got done with the depression, I'd be surprised if there was a coon, 'possum, or squirrel left within 50 miles. I know they killed and ate all the deer.

Comment

I don't believe poison is a good answer for animals people use as a food source.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X