Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is mRNA and why should we trust it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Informative read. Then again, fossils aren't real, so I'm pretty sure the whole article was a lie... you guys kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      You misrepresent my response. Pass if you want, the suggestion was in response to someone else's question. I simply recommended an hours long documentary that had very good insight from well respected scientists and professors from all over the world. They do a way better job of explaining the complexities of the fossil record than one could possibly do in a simple response on this thread. You make it sound like I watched one "TV show" and solely based an opinion on it...that's ridiculous. I recommended looking at something that explained from a scientific perspective, from scientists, why the fossil record is taught wrong. But you will listen to another scientist with a different opinion without considering evidence provided by other scientists all over the world who say that they're wrong. So if we are just looking at science, who is right? I don't see how anyone could form an educated opinion without examining both theories and sets of evidence. Kinda hard to do that if someone only gives one side a look.
      you know how some people claim that scientists skew numbers and facts to justify their argument that everyone needs to get the vaccine??? I literally hear that everyday from anti-vaxxers. But i'm sure the scientists in your documentary would never do that to justify a literal interpretation of scripture, even though there's tangible proof they're wrong.
      Last edited by bullets13; 04-30-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I highly recommend watching a documentary called "Is Genesis History?". It does a very good job using dozens of Scientists to explain the flaws with the current aging of fossils and reconciling the perceived discrepancies between some scientific views and scripture concerning these things that many people question. I'm not trying to turn this thread into that debate, but I really would recommend this as a worthy watch.
        Thanks for you response. I will check out this documentary tonight.

Comment

They lost me at "evolved billions of years ago"....
          Yep. The foundation of all our disagreements.

Comment

Billions of years ago.... �� �� ��

Comment

Thanks for the info Tracey.

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                Billions of years ago.... �� �� ��
                The big bang supposedly happened somewhere around 13 billion years ago. Not sure when (in billions) of years later the first proteins developed that made mRNA.

Comment

That article isn't anything we don't already know, just laying it out differently. It is nicely laid out in that article though.

Either way, just gonna lay out this graphic straight from the CDC for yall's consideration.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    That article isn't anything we don't already know, just laying it out differently. It is nicely laid out in that article though.

Either way, just gonna lay out this graphic straight from the CDC for yall's consideration.
                    According to CDC that is false.

Comment

mRNA vaccines are so much better than the classic versions of growing viruses and inactivating the virus. Before you’d grow viruses in a medium like eggs and then treat the viruses with a compound to inactive them. This took forever.
                      Now, you create a strand of mRNA, surround it with a lipid and inject it into the organism you want to inoculate. No virus needed for this. Our cells pick up the mRNA and produce a protein to trick our immune system to think a virus is present. Same immune response minus the virus and it takes 10% of the effort to produce it. The problem is mRNA is fragile and breaks down easily. Hence, the need to keep it so cold. Thankfully, our country has the types of freezers to keep it cold and at -80 Celsius. You can store it for a long time, but need to use it relatively soon after it is thawed.
                      mRNA is in all living organisms. Eat a tomato today? There is mRNA in the tomato. Eat a rare steak? mRNA. Of course you digest it, but you eat mRNA everyday.
                      The Central Dogma of Genetics is DNA->RNA->Protein, not Protein->RNA->DNA. There is zero chance you are genetically altered by this vaccine. Zero. Anyone saying otherwise is BSing you.
                      I am biologist who has extracted DNA and RNA more times than I can remember. This is not a difficult and technical process. With newer techniques to do this at scale is the game changer. Hats off to these scientists to do this. It’ll be used again in the future and if and when we get a serious pandemic that has a mortality rate that is really serious, we have learned a lot through this.
                      Last edited by Pope; 04-30-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                        mRNA vaccines are so much better than the classic versions of growing viruses and inactivating the virus. Before you’d grow viruses in a medium like eggs and then treat the viruses with a compound to inactive them. This took forever.
                        Now, you create a strand of mRNA, surround it with a lipid and inject it into the organism you want to inoculate. No virus needed for this. Our cells pick up the mRNA and produce a protein to trick our immune system to think a virus is present. Same immune response minus the virus and it takes 10% of the effort to produce it. The problem is mRNA is fragile and breaks down easily. Hence, the need to keep it so cold. Thankfully, our country has the types of freezers to keep it cold and at -80 Celsius. You can store it for a long time, but need to use it relatively soon after it is thawed.
                        mRNA is in all living organisms. Eat a tomato today? They is mRNA in the tomato. Eat a rare steak? mRNA. Of course you digest it, but you eat mRNA everyday.
                        The Central Dogma of Genetics is DNA->RNA->Protein, not Protein->RNA->DNA. There is zero chance you are genetically altered by this vaccine. Zero. Anyone saying otherwise is BSing you.
                        I am biologist who has extracted DNA and RNA more times than I can remember. This is not a difficult and technical process. With newer techniques to do this at scale is the game changer. Hats off to these scientists to do this. It’ll be used again in the future and if and when we get a serious pandemic that has a mortality rate that is really serious, we have learned a lot through this.
                        Good info. Thanks Pope

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          Hmmmmm... also buried deep in that link:
                          The figures line up with parameters included as part of CDC planning scenarios designed to help public health agencies model the impact of the pandemic.

In a September document labeled "COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios," the agency listed five sets of parameters that represented different levels of disease severity and transmissibility, with the goal of helping public health agencies make models to estimate the effects of the virus.

The infection fatality rates listed under the scenario marked as the "current best estimate" correspond with the "survival rates" listed in the tweet. But those infection fatality rates, the document says, are based on data through Aug. 8. And there are other caveats.
                          So the information is somewhat correct, but Politifact calls it false because the tweet didn't come from the CDC. I DO wish people wouldn't tag CDC on stuff like that trying to make it appear to have come directly from them, we have enough misinformation going around already.

Comment

If you believe in “billions of years ago”, then you have to believe in “global warming”. They are both “science”.

FTR, I believe in neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              If you believe in “billions of years ago”, then you have to believe in “global warming”. They are both “science”.
                              No actually I don't

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                                mRNA is in all living organisms. Eat a tomato today? They is mRNA in the tomato. Eat a rare steak? mRNA. Of course you digest it, but you eat mRNA everyday.
                                Fantastic info. Thanks for this

Comment

Working...
                                X