X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u have a batt. with a dead cell,go get a new batt. merry xmas y'all

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      That's weird... However some times a dummy load is placed on the battery to see if it will maintaine proper voltage under load... If it was not being charge by the alternator that could have basically taken out the last of the "juice"... Weird part is it than started the vehicle in the morning when you would thing the colder temps would have made it next to impossible for a weak or dieing battery yo do...

One more thing to consider is if the alternator is bad and the battery got really low it could have killed the battery....
      Very well could have. The last time I took it up there when I had alternator problems they said their diagnostics machine wouldn't read if there wasn't a battery light on or something to indicate that there's a problem.

So I guess all I can do at this point is drive until it completely quits or drains the new battery. If it's a bad alternator that's what will happen eventually.

Comment

I'll take the negative cable off the battery and see if it kills it.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          I'll take the negative cable off the battery and see if it kills it.
          . Let us know how it goes

Comment

Well......I gotta go get a different battery. They gave me a better one but it's too big to fit. There's a tray that's made for the type of battery I took out which they told me straight up that those batteries suck. They said they had a guy return a battery just like it in less than a week. I really didn't want the same type of battery but it sounds like that's what I'm getting.

Comment

Ask your wife, or your teenager.....................................
              They always, seem to know everything....................................

Comment

Um

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                Disconnect the battery while the vehicle is running. If it dies, the alternator is bad.
                I was told you cannot do that on these newer vehicles now days. But that what we did back when. Not sure just what I was told.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                  I was told you cannot do that on these newer vehicles now days. But that what we did back when. Not sure just what I was told.
                  This one is a 2006 model but I have heard the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Easiest way to figure out right here^^^^
                    This is not true with the new vehicles. It’s needs hot battery. The cold weather finished your battery. Replace it and you are good.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                      This is not true with the new vehicles. It’s needs hot battery. The cold weather finished your battery. Replace it and you are good.
                      Just tried it on my 2020 ram, unhooked batteries and kept on running.

Comment

Put the new battery in and if won't start. Guess I'll jump start it and see what happens. I don't think that's what I should have to do with a new battery but I could be wrong.

Comment

dead cell in the battery. replace it and you're good to go

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            Put the new battery in and if won't start. Guess I'll jump start it and see what happens. I don't think that's what I should have to do with a new battery but I could be wrong.
                            You have a totally different issue going on and it’s not battery or alternator related.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              You have a totally different issue going on and it’s not battery or alternator related.
                              I'm gonna need a mechanic. If it's not one of those two things I'm up a creek without a paddle.

Comment

Then it could be the brushes/stators in the starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X