No announcement yet.

2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be awesome, is if a group of us with all different brands, models of thermals could get together one day some weekend in some semi-central location(Waco?) so everyone could compare and make some decisions. Just a thought...

Sent from my ASUS_I002D using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not waste my money on a monocular, especially in that price point

Your ability to ID animals will be suspect at that price point. Buy another scope and scan with it and you can shoot with it

Comment

What are y'all's opinions on ATN Thor 4?

I've gone the 1.25-4x sitting in a box on my desk, I bought it and started reading reviews. It just came in today so I can send back pretty easily.

I was reading some pretty negative reviews but was wondering if anyone here has experience?

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post

I've gone the 1.25-4x sitting in a box on my desk, I bought it and started reading reviews. It just came in today so I can send back pretty easily.

I was reading some pretty negative reviews but was wondering if anyone here has experience?
          Send it back and buy something different.. There’s a reason why you hear so much horrible stuff.. Reputable dealers like Jason @ outdoor legacy do not even carry ATN products

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            Send it back and buy something different.. There’s a reason why you hear so much horrible stuff.. Reputable dealers like Jason @ outdoor legacy do not even carry ATN products

Comment

Send it back ASAP! ATN is pure junk

I wouldn't use it if you gave it to me

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Send it back ASAP! ATN is pure junk

I wouldn't use it if you gave it to me
                Done. On its way back.

So say I want to stay in the $2500 range.

What would y'all suggest?

I'll probably put it on a .300BLK AR that is suppressed, won't be shooting subs but 115gr faster stuff.

Comment

Done. On its way back.

I'll probably put it on a .300BLK AR that is suppressed, won't be shooting subs but 115gr faster stuff.
                  The AGM Rattlers are both there or under. The 25 is $2K and the 35 is $2500. I have the 25 and it is great for the price. Here is a video from mine. The feeder is about 75yds as is the hog I shot. Now mind you this is the first time I hunted with it so disregard me playing with it in the video. LOL

The only thing it doesnt have I wish it did is sound recording.

Last edited by bowaddict40; 01-19-2022, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Done. On its way back.

There isn't much I would recommend in that price point. See above, but AGM or maybe Pulsar

I would also suggest selling that .300 BLK lol

I bought one from the hype 3-4 years ago. I told it last year for more then i paid for it. Never looked back

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      There isn't much I would recommend in that price point. See above, but AGM or maybe Pulsar

I would also suggest selling that .300 BLK lol

I bought one from the hype 3-4 years ago. I told it last year for more then i paid for it. Never looked back
                      I've shot plenty of pigs with the BLK with nary a problem. I appreciate it though.

Comment

Does the reticle not show in the pip ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
                          Does the reticle not show in the pip ?
                          Pulsar's do. I believe I have heard that all the other models do however for whatever reason the reticle does NOT show up in the recorded videos on some.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            Pulsar's do. I believe I have heard that all the other models do however for whatever reason the reticle does NOT show up in the recorded videos on some.
                            This is correct. On the AGM it only shows the little white crosshairs on the main screen and nothing in the PIP. That is not the crosshair I use. I use a green dot with the hash marks on each side and the bottom. It does show up in the PIP when you are shooting though.

Comment

Following

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with this?

InfiRay iRay Cabin CBL19 384 2x Thermal Monocular

Comment

Working...
                                X