Thoughts on MDT GRND POD bipod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on MDT GRND POD bipod?

MDT has their GRND Pod bipod on sale for Black Friday right now. Does anyone have any experience with these newer ones? I currently use a Harris and wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade for entry level prs use. Onl considering it since it’s on sale. Not really interested in $2-300 for an atlas or equivalent for the time being. Is the picatinny or arca attachment more stable than the standard sling stud?

Thanks in advance!

Nobody using these bipods yet? Looks like they just came out earlier this year.

Comment

Yes, they are legit and would work well for you. MDT always has great Black Friday sales and often times has so much traffic that their site crashes. I run their Ckye pod for PRS and love it. The GRND pod is about 90% of what the ckye pod will do for a third of the price.

Comment

Also, either pic rail or arca would be about 100% better than the sling stud. For hunting rifles, it is easy to install a short pic rail but in competitions, we use a full length arca rail and slide bipod fore and aft as a particular stage requires. This is really not needed for hunting and only slightly beneficial in matches.

Comment

Getting rid of the Harris is the first step . I haven’t used that one but MDT makes solid stuff for sure. I’ll second Jake’s second post as well as I just finished up 2 rifles for a couple buddies and I put the Salmon River small ARCA/pic combo on both of them. $55 we’ll spent I think to be able to use both and the small has up to 3” bolt spacing (4” total) so it isn’t bulky at all. Just a thought.

Comment

Swivel stud attachment isn’t an option on the GRND-POD. They only offer picatinny or ARCA. MDT makes great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X