X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worry Is Not Required

Worry Is Not Required
    by Dr. Paul Chappell

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

John 14:1-4

There is no question that we live in unsettled times. A global pandemic, economic upheaval, political turmoil, war, and threats of terrorism—the list of things we could worry about is long. But worry is not the required response to trouble. It is a choice, something which we allow to fill our minds and hearts. We have the ability to choose faith and trust in God, and thus keep our hearts from being troubled. We have unfailing promises from an eternally faithful God. He has never failed one of His children. We can trust Him even when things seem to be going wrong.

Sometimes we act as if worry and fear are overwhelming forces and we have no option but to give in and allow them to control us. But as children of God, we should recognize that His faithful promises are ours through His grace. Worry is alluring and tempting to our nature that craves sight instead of faith. But it is both disobedient and unproductive. Vance Havner said, “Worry, like a rocking chair, will give you something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.”

Rather than worry, we should claim God's promises and confidently go forward, trusting Him to deliver and provide. “So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me” (Hebrews 13:6). A confident Christian is a powerful testimony to the world that God is real and that He is in control. This is the message we send when we refuse to worry.

Today's Growth Principle:
    Worry is an indicator that our faith is weak and we are not trusting God as we should.
    Be Blessed

Amen

Comment

I like this. Currently facing a lot of things and it’s hard not to worry.

Comment

Than you.

Comment

Amen

Comment

AMEN!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen! Great post

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill. That should speak to all of us. Put your worries and concerns and needs in Gods hands and move on. Amen

Comment

Amen.

Thank you for posting this as I really needed the message.

Comment

So much wisdom in your post today. I used to be a chronic worrier but not so much anymore. Faith has taken the place of worry and my life seems a little more relaxed now.there is so much going on around us and I believe that evil is using fear and worry against us. We have to stand strong and let our faith lead us.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                          So much wisdom in your post today. I used to be a chronic worrier but not so much anymore. Faith has taken the place of worry and my life seems a little more relaxed now.there is so much going on around us and I believe that evil is using fear and worry against us. We have to stand strong and let our faith lead us.
                          Amen!

Comment

Working...
                          X