Houston area events this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston area events this weekend

I’m working on a project in the Houston area and have just learned that I will have a rare weekend off this weekend. My lady is coming to visit with me and I’d like to take her out for some good food & fun. Live music is a big plus.

What’s happening this weekend that may be interesting?
    I know my way around pretty well but figure that some of you may have a good idea or two to share.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Shinyribs plays at White Oak Music Hall tomorrow. He's a weirdo, but puts on a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      Shinyribs plays at White Oak Music Hall tomorrow. He's a weirdo, but puts on a good show.
      LOL he does have some good tunes from time to time. I've heard his shows are great but never been myself.

Comment

Brooks and Dunn are in concert tonight in The Woodlands.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          OP, if you can make it, go. His shows are a blast!

Beyond that, there are plenty of car shows this weekend. Breweries everywhere. No Label always has live music. And way more relaxed/less hipsterish than Karbach and St Arnold.

I also think the Miller Theater is going again. Get yourself some wine or beer and go watch a play. I have no idea what is there this week, but their website will have something.

Otherwise I would get out of Houston and go to Galveston.

Comment

I cannot believe I’m saying this, but the museum of fine arts is pretty dang cool. The buildings are connected by tunnels and there is a ton to see, including some portraits of hideous women from the 1700’s, a portrait of Ben Franklin that looks like he’s on meth, and that’s not even the contemporary exhibit.

The Turkey Leg Hut has some dang good food, line is always long though. or tacos at Taqueria Laredo on Washington. Pinkertons for some elite level BBQ. Since the weather will be cool, the Arboretum might be nice to walk through. Or go watch the sun set from Stewart Beach. Or grab some charcoal and grill some burgers at Lake Houston Wilderness Park. Shoot fully automatic firearms at Top Gun. Go down to Kemah and charter a sail boat. Rent a motorcycle and ride around Magnolia and Montgomery. Rent shifter carts at Speedsportz in New Caney. Rent canoes or kayaks at Jesse Jones Park or Armand Bayou. Go swimming in the Texas shaped lazy river on top of the Marriott. Horseback riding at Cypress Trails.

Comment

Kevin Fowler is playing at Karbach tonight. Great weather to have a beer outside listening to Texas music.

Comment

avoid 59 and 610 at all costs. complete shutdown this weekend.

Comment

The Fort Bend County Fair is going on and Jon Stork is playing tomorrow night. Lots of fun, more relaxed than the HLSR, and a great time to be had

Comment

Lot of good suggestions thus far - I would say bring her teal hunting but I’m no help.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                      Horseback riding at Cypress Trails.
                      Just what I was looking for....Thanks! Booking a trailride!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                        Brooks and Dunn are in concert tonight in The Woodlands.
                        Bingo. This x1000

Comment

Waller County Fair - Jon Wolfe tomorrow night

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Just what I was looking for....Thanks! Booking a trailride!

If y’all go tomorrow, my daughter and her friend will be working. They’re interns and are both 11. They’ll fix you right up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X