Nutrition advisors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrition advisors?

Looking for a diet coach or nutrition advisor preferably near the woodlands but open to anyone near Houston. Any suggestions? Never worked with one before and the internet hasn’t been much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Chase Banks. He’s in the Woodlands and great. Finish First is the name of his practice.

Comment

I'd save about 5k and follow Ryan Humiston on youtube he also has a paid program. He's extremely knowledgeable

Comment

You might check with DapperDan. His wife did some sort of body building/strong woman competition. I'd bet she had some sort of nutritionist, or at least can get you on the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabtrap View Post
          I'd save about 5k and follow Ryan Humiston on youtube he also has a paid program. He's extremely knowledgeable

Seen a lot of his videos. His lifting videos are great but I was hoping to get a more customized diet plan.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
            Go to Chase Banks. He’s in the Woodlands and great. Finish First is the name of his practice.

I’ve heard of this guy but I also heard it’s pretty expensive. I may just bite the bullet and try it out. After looking him up his office is about 10 minutes from me.

Comment

Without a doubt Michael Florida's Life Nutrition. I have been going to him for years. Pricing is reasonable and he is all around great guy. Huge outdoorsman and bowhunter.

Comment

I used Keith Klines lean body coaching, its an online program. I've had great results losing body fat.

Comment

Do you need actual coaching or just need your macros to follow? Lots of people can get you your macros for much cheaper than coaching. There really isn’t a lot to it

Comment

Easiest thing I’ve found in starting is to not really change anything you eat at first.

Follow one of the intermittent fasting strategies, and then you can start cleaning up the diet.

But depending on what your goals are, fasting and keto-based diets will MELT fat off in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Do you need actual coaching or just need your macros to follow? Lots of people can get you your macros for much cheaper than coaching. There really isn’t a lot to it

No my macros aren’t the issue. I’m very familiar with the macro splits and I’m currently on 40/40/20 protein, carbs, fat. I’m looking for a coach that can help me with nutrient timing for gym performance as well as a diet that can be helpful with fat loss, and patch the holes I’m missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozes View Post
                        Easiest thing I’ve found in starting is to not really change anything you eat at first.

Follow one of the intermittent fasting strategies, and then you can start cleaning up the diet.

But depending on what your goals are, fasting and keto-based diets will MELT fat off in a hurry.

Fasting works for some, but it’s not for me. I tend to have hypoglycemic responses to it after roughly 12-14 hours of not eating. Something I’m actually going to have checked out with a doctor soon. Keto is great for fat loss if that’s the only goal, but I was never able to have optimal performance in the gym with it. I was on Keto for roughly a year, lost a good bit of weight but I also lost a lot of muscle. More concerned now with slowly cutting off the fat I have without killing my metabolism so I can go into a bulk once I hit around 10% BF

Comment

We train you to use food and fluid to activate your performance goals and improve your body.

Ask for Eve and she can help you.

Comment

Institute of Eating Management is who we used years ago. They really know their stuff. Someone above recommended Keith Klines, this is his company.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                              Fasting works for some, but it’s not for me. I tend to have hypoglycemic responses to it after roughly 12-14 hours of not eating. Something I’m actually going to have checked out with a doctor soon. Keto is great for fat loss if that’s the only goal, but I was never able to have optimal performance in the gym with it. I was on Keto for roughly a year, lost a good bit of weight but I also lost a lot of muscle. More concerned now with slowly cutting off the fat I have without killing my metabolism so I can go into a bulk once I hit around 10% BF

If you've been on Keto for a year and in a calorie deficit, chances are your metabolism has adapted to that lifestyle and slowed way down. It may be best for you to reverse diet by slowly adding calories back in and strength training. You will add some fat back to your body but along with building muscle, your metabolism will boost again with the added lean muscle. Once you are able to maintain your weight at a your maintenance level, then try cutting again by reducing calories for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X