No announcement yet.

Optics Planet rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, I hung up with them after I cancelled the order and ordered the exact same scope for the exact same price on Amazon and it was sitting at my front door in 2 days......

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
      I guess I’ve been lucky. I have ordered from them several times and never had any problems.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

optics are one of the most stolen items by use of credit card fraud in the shooting industry. after you lose a few $2k scopes to thieves, you only ship to the billing address of the cardholder. becoming pretty common for all websites

buy local and problem solved and you might save some $$

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This outfit sells much more then just optics.

While I agree with the buy local, sometimes local doesn’t always have the offering needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
            I purchased a Nightforce scope and some Hawkins rings from Optics Planet.
            My order was put on hold because the shipping address was different than my billing address. ( I wanted them shipped to my office)

I called 3 times to resolve the situation and was told twice that the orde would be shipped. After 4 days and 3 attempts to get it resolved, I cancelled the order.

I am DONE with Optics Planet. Never again.

With all the bad publicity on the internet about optics planet, I'm surprised anyone still does business with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              With all the bad publicity on the internet about optics planet, I'm surprised anyone still does business with them.
              I dont disagree but they are one of the 800 lb gorillas in the market and people are more likely to let everyone know about a bad experience but rarely say when they have a good experience. With that said I think they do too much marketing and pays god knows how much to come up first in the google search. If they spend that much money on marketing then they have to do a lot of volume which is why they sell things they dont have and dont set reasonable expectations because they know it will cost them sales.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                I should have researched

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  I purchased a Nightforce scope and some Hawkins rings from Optics Planet.
                  My order was put on hold because the shipping address was different than my billing address. ( I wanted them shipped to my office)

I called 3 times to resolve the situation and was told twice that the orde would be shipped. After 4 days and 3 attempts to get it resolved, I cancelled the order.

I am DONE with Optics Planet. Never again.
                  Did you not see my Optics Planet Rant post from a few months back?

They're LIARS,,, they list items they don't even have in stock and it could take several months before it's shipped,,, and when you call they'll tell you "I'm overnighting it today" and 6 days later it's still not shipped....
                  They have the WORSE warehouse management and a Nightmare of a Shipping times.... I've been DONE with them for months.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Same, and I been using them weekly for yrs.
                    100s & 100s of packages and never a single issue.
                    Maybe I'm just lucky
                    That's because you live across the street from them and probably have more weapons in stock than them, they know better...

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                      Did you not see my Optics Planet Rant post from a few months back?

They're LIARS,,, they list items they don't even have in stock and it could take several months before it's shipped,,, and when you call they'll tell you "I'm overnighting it today" and 6 days later it's still not shipped....
                      They have the WORSE warehouse management and a Nightmare of a Shipping times.... I've been DONE with them for months.
                      I did not see it.

Comment

Huh.
                        I've had zero problems with them.
                        It's these got-danged 6.5 Needmore shooters that are aggravating me. Bullets for a 260 Remington backorder since September last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X