Chris Flinn, Parker Grey Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Flinn, Parker Grey Wolf

Here is the deal. About this time last year Chris Flinn, Thumper on here, reached out to me for help. He was dying. He put me in charge of selling about 25 bows and asked me to give the money to his daughters.

I managed to sell most of them. The few I have left I am having problems getting rid of. They are heavy in weight. He was a friend of Glen Parker and thought very highly of him. He had collected several of his bows. He really wanted the Parkers to go to Glen’s admirers and friends. The few Parker’s I have left are heavy in weight and finding buyers is difficult.

I have a 66# longbow that I am going to donate to the shoot in Chester in Chris and Glen’s memory.

Here is the list of bows I have left. I have permission from his daughter to do what I believe is best with the remaining bows.

Grey Wolf 58#. I would like to give this bow to Mike Murphy, a friend of Glen’s.

Grey Wolf 64# two sets of limbs. This bow has the name Pat Henley on the riser. Chris told me that this guy killed an Alaskan brown bear with it. I would like to GIVE this bow back to him. I’m hoping he had sellers remorse

Grey Wolf broken handle with 68# limbs. NO HANDLE AND 68# lbs!

Red Wolf 58#. This bow is in very good condition. Before Glen passed he sold his recurve presses to Rob Mauser (sp?). Rob was in business a bit then a flood destroyed everything. These bows aren’t considered collectors because Glen did not build them but it’s a good bow. I would like to find Rob and see if he would appreciate having this bow he built back FREE.

You would think I was attempting to pass on a case of Covid with the trouble I am having. I PURCHASED a Parker longbow and recurve from Chris before he passed and don’t feel right keeping these bows for myself.

Glen died around 40 in the early 90’s and finding old buddies is becoming difficult.

If anyone knows how to contact these guys I’d appreciate it. The trad community is fairly small and it’s usually easy to find someone.

Short of finding these guys are any of you old buddies of Chris or Glen?

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by M.E.B.; 09-22-2021, 01:17 PM.

If you know any other details about Pat Henley, I could probably track him down (approximate age, state/town/city of residence, etc.)

Comment

Chris was one of my hunting buddies . Was a good man. He sure was a big fan of his Parker bows . If I remember right glen was a Dr of some sort .

Comment

Thank you.

All I know is what I wrote.

I’ve been out of state several times and mention a few Texas trad hunters names to someone there and they always know one of them.

I really did not believe finding this guy would be hard. Maybe he’s from out of state.

Hell I live in the same town as Mike Murphy and even posted on some of his FB posts and cannot get a response. I’m beginning to think I have cooties.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        If you know any other details about Pat Henley, I could probably track him down (approximate age, state/town/city of residence, etc.)
        Last edited by M.E.B.; 09-22-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          Chris was one of my hunting buddies . Was a good man. He sure was a big fan of his Parker bows . If I remember right glen was a Dr of some sort .
          Glen was a Podiatrist

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            Thank you.

I’ve been out of state several times and mention a few Texas trad hunters names to someone there and they always know one of them.

I really did not believe finding this guy would be hard. Maybe he’s from out of state.

Hell I live in the same town as Mike Murphy and even posted on some of his FB posts and cannot get a response. I’m beginning to think I have cooties.
            I used to hunt down the road from Mike in Ft. McKavett. Don't have his number any more though.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
              Thank you.

I've got Mike's cell now. He said give him a call. Pm coming

Comment

Thanks.

I’ll call him in the morning

Comment

I got ahold of Mike. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X