• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me with my arrow build

Im switching things up again.
    I ordered a dx Carbon Express Maxima Reds
    9.07 GPI with a 26.5" arrow.
    Bulldog Collar is 4 gr.
    Nock is 9.9(but I will prolly go with a nocturnal).
    Their standard insert is 11gr.
    With a 100 gr BH I should be around 365.25 grains.

I want it heavier than that.

Has anyone used Ethics static inserts? Im thinking about ordering a dz to add an extra 100 gr to get me around 465.

I think I would rather be around the 440 gr mark and I could cut off the static insert to drop me 25 grains and get me where I want to be.

Thoughts? Any other insert options out there? Im not a fan of outserts or impact collars.

On a side note, I have 11 Easton Axis 6mm for sell. 6 are brand new, never shot and 5 are used. They have the brass inserts & iron will impact collars. I believe they are all match grade.

Go with 125 gr heads

Comment

I love the idea of bumping up to 125 gr BH's but I have a small fortune in 100gr BH's.
      It is almost an obsession of mine to purchase new BH's. It is out of control!

Comment

Ethics makes good stuff. Adding 100 is fine unless it will make your spine weak

Comment

Alright, I got the arrows in and cut. I cut them roughly 3/8" longer than my previous arrows.
          I set one up without gluing in the factory insert and Im sitting at 405gr with my broadhead on it.
          I really want them to be a little heavier. So Im believe that Im going to get heavier inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
            Alright, I got the arrows in and cut. I cut them roughly 3/8" longer than my previous arrows.
            I set one up without gluing in the factory insert and Im sitting at 405gr with my broadhead on it.
            I really want them to be a little heavier. So Im believe that Im going to get heavier inserts.
            I would go with the heavier inserts as well

Comment

if you are building arrows for deer hunting you should try arrow with broad heads so they will leave a trail of movement.

Comment

Ive used the Ethics inserts and they work well.

Comment

Ethics is good stuff, any insert that will accept backweights would work though. Backweights can be really handy if you like to tweak your arrow build but don't want to have to change head weights or buy new arrows. You just thread in weights from the nock end to the back of the insert... just used them on a friend's arrows this year, and if you're shooting standard diameter I'd consider them the cat's meow.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuasaul View Post
                    if you are building arrows for deer hunting you should try arrow with broad heads so they will leave a trail of movement.
                    what??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                      Ethics is good stuff, any insert that will accept backweights would work though. Backweights can be really handy if you like to tweak your arrow build but don't want to have to change head weights or buy new arrows. You just thread in weights from the nock end to the back of the insert... just used them on a friend's arrows this year, and if you're shooting standard diameter I'd consider them the cat's meow.
                      This is actually the route that I went. Im glad that I did bc the Ethics inserts didn't fit. My Pro Shop had them and I was going to have to sand them down a little to get them in.
                      Im happy so far with the backweights.
                      Im glad that I went back to Carbon Express.

Comment

I've been using Maxima Reds with the gold tip FACT weight system which worked fine in that setup. But now I'm underspined and having to redo everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X