Tikka Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka Build

I ordered a Carbon Six Tikka prefit barrel and looking for stock options.

The barrel is a Sendero profile carbon.

Let me see what y’all have done stock wise ln your Tikkas.

Also, did you stay with factory drop mag or go with something else?

KRG bravo or XLR element come to mind. I have two elements and had a bravo. Both are acceptable IMO. I like the simplicity of the elements.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Tikka action, Bartlien barrel, Bell and Carlson stock. Stayed with factory mag but replaced bottom metal with mountain tactical products.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a mesa carbon stock on several tikkas. They are great.

The Pure Precision Tikka Carbon Fiber Altitude stock is designed for the hunter who wants a full-featured modern design without sacrificing strength.

Comment

I did an Iota Kremlin stock. Kept factory mag. Change trigger spring to set at 1lb. Check out Iota rifle stock web. They had a 40% Cyber sale on stocks going on. May be too late. I ordered an EkoX stock yesterday.

Comment

KRG Whiskey

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              Tikka action, Bartlien barrel, Bell and Carlson stock. Stayed with factory mag but replaced bottom metal with mountain tactical products.
              Nice build, how's she shoot?

Comment

My current main hunting rig is a 7mm-08 in a bravo frame. I currently have a Sako S20 hunter that is quickly replacing this as my go to. Action is as good, trigger is a little better.

Attached Files

Comment

notice the cheek piece is removed, with that scope I get perfect sight with the cheek piece removed. I used an AICS magazine

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                    notice the cheek piece is removed, with that scope I get perfect sight with the cheek piece removed. I used an AICS magazine

That looks terribly uncomfortable. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Before I google, could someone summarize the difficulty of doing the barrel swap and stock?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not really, I guess I have a big head. I position the rifle prone with eyes closed. When I open my eyes the alignment is perfect and that is the most comfortable thing. Other option is to go to the Sportsmatch high rings. I use them on another Tikka because the scope will not clear the barrel with the low. I like to keep the scope pretty close to the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
                          Before I google, could someone summarize the difficulty of doing the barrel swap and stock?

Take out the 2 screws, lift out barrel, adjust trigger if you want, put in bravo frame making sure you position recoil lug, put in 2 screws to torque spec. 15 minutes if you take your time.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                            Take out the 2 screws, lift out barrel, adjust trigger if you want, put in bravo frame making sure you position recoil lug, put in 2 screws to torque spec. 15 minutes if you take your time.
                            Thanks, easy. What about removing the barrel ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pintail45 View Post
                              Nice build, how's she shoot?
                              Tack driver. 1/2 inch groups at 200. I have my longest kill with it yet on a doe at 800yds. Best group has been sub moa at 885yds with factory ammo. Chambered in 7mm mag with I believe a 23" barrel.

Built it for hunting. As it sits in the pics it has a leupold 3-15x44 VX5 HD. Total weight with the rifle, rail, mounts, and scope it is at 8lbs 15oz. So definitely not an ultralight model but not a bench gun either.
                              Last edited by DuramaxDude; 11-30-2022, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X