Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
    “Golf club”
    This here. I get the boxes that drivers come in at our courses pro shop to ship rifles.

Comment

I think shipping a rifle to me is a fantastic idea!

Comment

I have never had trouble shipping rifles with USPS. I don't tell them what it is and they don't ask.

Comment

UPS wouldnt ship a rifle scope, the lady freaked out on me. I told her it was part of a telescope. She said no it’s for a gun and slowly walked away from me, made me feel like a criminal lol. I won’t be going back that’s for sure, I only ship USPS now. They only ask if it’s a liquid fragile or a battery. They won’t ask and you don’t tell them.
          Last edited by STX_Shooter; 01-19-2020, 09:41 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
            UPS didn’t want to ship a rifle scope, the lady freaked out in me. I told her it was part of a telescope. She said no it’s for a gun and slowly walked away from me, made me feel like a criminal lol. I won’t be going back that’s for sure, I only ship USPS now. They only ask if it’s a liquid fragile or a battery. They won’t ask and you don’t tell them.

That was prob at one of the strip center UPS stores. They refuse to touch anything gun related because they are independently owned. If you have a UPS hub close by they don’t bat an eye when you tell them it’s a gun or “gun parts”.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Just to add to what everyone else has already said, if you have the ability to print a label at home you can schedule a pickup with any of the carriers to avoid any hassle.

Comment

USPS. Never had an issue. Send registered and insured.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Take the action out of the stock and wrap each separately and put in a shorter box---less obvious that it is a firearm that way and less likely some jerk will use it as a ramp and break the stock at the wrist--

And, as far as the domestic mail manual (DMM) goes, here's the skinny--

Comment

UPSP is the only legal way now. They have a protocol as well.

It is now against UPS and FedEx policy to ship firearms, and if you try to ‘slip one by’, you are actually in violation of federal law if they chose to prosecute.

Do your research.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

It is now against UPS and FedEx policy to ship firearms, and if you try to ‘slip one by’, you are actually in violation of federal law if they chose to prosecute.

Do your research.

Please provide something to back up this statement. I shipped one the other day with them knowing what it was and they had no issues with it.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Do your research.
                        Totally inaccurate post...I received a pistol directly from Sturm Ruger via FedEx just Friday & two earlier in the week from UPS. I prefer shipping usps but receive way more from Fedex & UPS.

Do your research.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          Totally inaccurate post...I received a pistol directly from Sturm Ruger via FedEx just Friday & two earlier in the week from UPS. I prefer shipping usps but receive way more from Fedex & UPS.

Do your research.
                          It was shipped to you by a firearms manufacturer. This is within FedEx policy.

Advise everyone to do their research and not take what an internet chat forum gives as advice. I.e. reach out to both FedEx and UPS. Also, research the penal code.

All this info can be found on each organization’s websites as well.

Comment

I receive them from individuals as well...I get all law changes / updates via email direct from BATFE & have not seen anything come through on this nonsense.

Please provide the quoted law where someone is violating law where an individual will be committing a crime if they ship a firearm other than USPS.

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong but think it's nonsense...heck, FedEx & UPS handle a lot of the muscle for the post office as I understand & there is no logical reason.

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.

Good grief...

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Last edited by Artos; 01-19-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Uhhh yeah looks like someone did the research and someone believed something they read on an Internet forum. . . .

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Please point out where the above UPS policy you quoted above allows an individual to ship a firearm to another individual. FedEx also has an almost mirroed policy.

Then, pay attention to the following verbiage:

In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.
                                Last edited by Greenheadless; 01-19-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X