RC Car Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Car Help

I want to get my son a nice offroad RC car for Christmas. I tried last Christmas going in blind on knowledge, but regardless everyone sold out quick. Looks like the lithium cars have caught up to the speed and performance of the little gas powered RC's? Anyone have any experience with any of the lithium ones on Amazon? I need this thing to ride on dirt, sand and go over small sticks and so forth. (we will be using it mainly at the wooded parks and hunting lease). Will $200 get me anything good? Thanks in advance.

Get a hold of rcjunky ( Spencer) on tbh he raced them for years

Comment

Get an arrma granite or arrma bigrock or arrma vorteks

Buy him a few 2s batteries and a lipo charger.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        I want to get my son a nice offroad RC car for Christmas. I tried last Christmas going in blind on knowledge, but regardless everyone sold out quick. Looks like the lithium cars have caught up to the speed and performance of the little gas powered RC's? Anyone have any experience with any of the lithium ones on Amazon? I need this thing to ride on dirt, sand and go over small sticks and so forth. (we will be using it mainly at the wooded parks and hunting lease). Will $200 get me anything good? Thanks in advance.
        I would recommend the Traxxas Slash or Stampede. We have both and the kids and I enjoy them. They can take quite the abuse and parts are readily available. You're looking at least $300.

Comment

If you'd rather spend more om the front end but less on parts and maintenance get a traxxas maxx.

Parts break on these things. There will be down time and fixes that have to be made.

The maxx is the most reliable most dependable out if the box....period. your upfront cost is more but you'll eventually spend more fixing the arrma's.

Comment

I used to run a RC18 with lipo batteries. Fun little cars to run around the street and parking lots.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              If you'd rather spend more om the front end but less on parts and maintenance get a traxxas maxx.

Parts break on these things. There will be down time and fixes that have to be made.

The maxx is the most reliable most dependable out if the box....period. your upfront cost is more but you'll eventually spend more fixing the arrma's.

The maxx is nice but pricey. I've considered buying one for the boys this Christmas.

Comment

WE use to run the Sprint cars. Had multiple of them and would race them in the street! It was fun setting them up and running them with different tires/shocks etc.

Comment

Originally posted by marc.munoz31 View Post
                  The maxx is nice but pricey. I've considered buying one for the boys this Christmas.
                  It worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                    Get an arrma granite or arrma bigrock or arrma vorteks

Buy him a few 2s batteries and a lipo charger.

I have been running the granite and love it, it is pretty quick and have had no issues and reasonable.

Comment

Get a Traxxas Rustler, my brother has a tricked out one that goes about 80mph.

Comment

We've got 3-4 Slash 4x4s at the house from various B-Days and Xmas. The kids love them and the wife/I play with them too.

We've got some $ tied up in them now but I got sick of throwing away the cheapos about a month after they got it.

Comment

Traxxas Rustler 4x4!!! I’ve got one sitting on the shelf. When I first got it I played around with with the big all terrain tires & it was unstoppable. The newer parts are good, I don’t think I broke anything till I switched it over to a speed rig. 77mph into a curb will brake some things. Got back together did few other things & now got it to 91mph with all factory electronic & 3s battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything Traxxas. I bought my son one and it just gets abused. I find very relaxing to play with it as well. we have a 2wd slash.

Comment

Arrma or Traxxas me and the kiddos have some of each make.

Give Arrma a good look. They are probably bigger in market share than Traxxas these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X