Chiappa 1911 .22LR issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiappa 1911 .22LR issues

Shoots well and cycles rounds fine, but the hammer doesn't always return to cocked position after firing. I can keep shooting if I pull the hammer back manually, but obviously not ideal in a semi-auto weapon. Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Hammer getting worn down or the little lip on the slide getting worn? So not getting fully depressed when the action cycles. Does it catch the hammer if you manually rack the slide? Have you tried different ammo?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Short stroking.

Comment

Hammer does stay back when I manually pull slide back. No wear to the slide/hammer contact surfaces. Action feels pretty smooth. Will try some mini mags, but was having trouble even with hot Remington viper loads last time I shot.

Comment

CCI Stingers work well in mine

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
            Hammer does stay back when I manually pull slide back. No wear to the slide/hammer contact surfaces. Action feels pretty smooth. Will try some mini mags, but was having trouble even with hot Remington viper loads last time I shot.
            The federal auto match 40 gr run really well in all of our semi autos. If you can find them.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X