UPS is really ticking me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
    Probably 85-90% of my packages get delivered to my next door neighbors house by UPS. No issues with FedEx or USPS doing this. Mailbox is clearly marked with large numbers and it’s on the edge of my driveway.
    I’ve had just the opposite. Both FedEx and UPS have my gate code and my phone number. Both have been told to come down the driveway (250’) and put the packages under the carport, only UPS does this. If it looks like rain the FedEx guys would rather spend five minutes putting the package in a plastic bag than come in a put it under the carport. Drives me to drink !

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      Why would it get delivered to a CVS ?

Read pervis' post. He explains.

Originally posted by pervis View Post
      CVS… so we indirect packages to cvs as a courtesy. That way your not going to a distribution center to pick it up. The distribution centers are often not close. The cvs will have your package and is an easier option for if your not home for you to go obtain your package. .

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
        total bs.

You are suggesting what he said was total bull****? Seems like a solid explanation.

Comment

My current UPS driver is great.

UPS as a whole not so much. In the past I have had some crappy UPS drivers. We had one lady driver who used to sit outside on her phone for hours (my wife said she thinks she was having relationship issues) and if we would knock on the door to try to get our packages she would say she was on a break [emoji19]. Obviously she didn't last.

We order tons of crap from Amazon. Amazon has a contract with UPS and UPS subcontracts out some packages to USPS; my issue is USPS doesn't deliver packages to my house. If it doesn't fit in a cluster box I am S.O.L and have to drive 30 minutes to the post office.

I would happily pay more to just deal with UPS.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well at least UPS has never pried open my electronic gate and wedged a large package between the gate and the post. FedEx dang sure has though. It didn’t break the gate opener but it did jam it up and I had to readjust everything. Dang good thing I saw it before my livestock saw the gap and tried to get out. I filed a complaint but I don’t know if it did any good. There’s some real winners out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              You are suggesting what he said was total bull****? Seems like a solid explanation.
              didn't to me.

Comment

I must admit again, that we love our UPS and USPS drivers at the office and at home. FedEx on the other hand, are sorry and worthless in Brenham, except for the FedEx Express driver. He is pretty dang good, but we rarely ever use Express. The FedEx Ground driver might as well sling the packages out onto Hwy 36, she is pure lazy and needs to find another job

When we were in Magnolia, FedEx was awesome...but since the move up to Brenham, I have quit shipping anything through them and only receive packages if the company uses FedEx exclusively. And they're so bad that I'm often tempted to find another source for the things that we purchase from those companies

Comment

It isn’t the process. It’s the drivers. And they ARE overwhelmed. Just like everyone.

We live on a dead end road about 1/4 mile before the end. I can’t count the times they say “No ones home” when someone is ALWAYS home since my in-laws are retired. It’s the drivers. After we make friends with a new driver, every package is delivered.
                  Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 08-31-2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    Well at least UPS has never pried open my electronic gate and wedged a large package between the gate and the post. FedEx dang sure has though. It didn’t break the gate opener but it did jam it up and I had to readjust everything. Dang good thing I saw it before my livestock saw the gap and tried to get out. I filed a complaint but I don’t know if it did any good. There’s some real winners out there.

Read it slower

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I’ve had just the opposite. Both FedEx and UPS have my gate code and my phone number. Both have been told to come down the driveway (250’) and put the packages under the carport, only UPS does this. If it looks like rain the FedEx guys would rather spend five minutes putting the package in a plastic bag than come in a put it under the carport. Drives me to drink !
                      USPS will come down my driveway but they sometimes leave my packages by the garage door or on the driveway! They used to put them in my entry way. Ridiculous.

Comment

Read it slower
                        Hey, I’m slow but I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                          It isn’t the process. It’s the drivers. And they ARE overwhelmed. Just like everyone.

We live on a dead end road about 1/4 mile before the end. I can’t count the times they say “No ones home” when someone is ALWAYS home since my in-laws are retired. It’s the drivers. After we make friends with a new driver, every package is delivered.
                          Exactly! I’ve heard it straight from a drivers mouth before. My UPS man gets cash and fudge for Christmas and my packages are always on time!

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                            Been w ups for 24 years. I can tell you there’s way more to this. It’s really too much to type. We run a very tight ship so watch when you wana call the company a liar. I’ll be happy to explain it to you.
                            If a note was scanned and a delivery truck drove away, do u realize drivers make around 200 to 300 stops a day. If a note was scanned a driver stoped at your place, found your box in the delivery vehicle, went to your door, rang or knocked. He got no answer so he took time to fill out the note, scan it to your door, take your package back to the truck, start the truck, and leave. Let me tell you no ups driver wants to attempt your delivery 3 times. Which as a residential delivery is categorized by a not in 1 2 and 3. On a not in 3 your package goes back to the shipper. That is for a residential delivery.

CVS… so we indirect packages to cvs as a courtesy. That way your not going to a distribution center to pick it up. The distribution centers are often not close. The cvs will have your package and is an easier option for if your not home for you to go obtain your package. Don’t start calling ups a liar saying we said cvs was closed. Cvs typically has recieving hours. Ups does not operate on other businesses hours. So if we go to a cvs and the manager says we’re closed for recieving ups cannot make that delivery. This is the difference between a residential and a business delivery. Business deliveries are categorized by closed 1 2 and 3. Your package if a note was left is coming to you from your shipper as a signature required.
                            This is between the shipper and you. That has nothing to do w ups. Trust me we would rather drop it at your residence and be gone. Your shipper is requiring a physical signature. That’s another reason we try cvs. So the manager can sign saying it was delivered. Then you sign from cvs to take the package.
                            So if a note is left on your door it’s not only a hassle to the driver, it’s a hassle to you. The notes are scanned to your door and we have the technology to gps track each and every box to your door or where it was left. It’s really scary actually. Hopefully this gives you a better prospective on what went on. Your drivers work hard, sweat hard, and are pushed beyond their physical limits daily. I know you want your package, trust me we don’t want your package we want to make that delivery the first time every time.
                            So how do you explain UPS drivers tagging ours as delivery attempted when we live at the end of a dead end road and are home working outside or in the home office where we see any vehicle that comes up the road? Has happened with multiple UPS deliveries. I do think it's a driver specific thing, but they apparently get away with it.. We have multiple UPS drivers come here.

Of course, fed ex is worse. Fed ex frequently drops packages on the ground at an intersection a half mile away on a busy road, where they are promptly stolen by passing vehicles. Always tell the shippers that gps confirms delivery. Neighbors and I have all lost multiple packages this way. I now ship everything to a relative's address.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Read it slower
                              that'll sure get them deliveries there.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
                                I have no confidence that they will ever tell the truth about my package.
                                Sometimes you think you want to hear the truth about your package. However, sometimes those with real knowledge about your package feel it is best not to tell you the truth. Just a fact of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X