No announcement yet.

Ultralight hunting rifle suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Tikka Superlite in 7mag that weighs 6.5 lbs empty and shoots as good as any of the APRs I own. It cost less than $800. I did buy a Mesa Precision arms altitude stock for it which is the same stock i have on my APR. Its my favorite mountain rifle.

Comment

The CA Ridgeline, Ridgeline titanium, and Traverse are in the weight and $2500 or less ranges that you mention. It looks like Christensen only offers the 7mm-08 in a 24" barrel in any of those guns. I got a Ridgeline in 6.5CM with a 20" barrel for dedicated suppressed use, have been happy with it although haven't fully broken the barrel in yet. They also show the .308 available with the shorter 20" barrel. I put a VX5HD on mine, felt like it balanced fine, but adding the suppressor does "spoil" the handling characteristics. I'd recommend you actually handle any of the rifles you're considering, some of the ultralights (like the Christensen) have very lightly profiled stocks and feel much different than their standard weight competitors.

Stu

Comment

For the record I do not own one of these but I have looked into this quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that I cant find anything that is as cheap as the Kimber Mountain Ascent and weights as much or less. Not that it is cheap but for the price I cant find anything lighter. I hope I am wrong and there is a cheaper solution. My buddy has one that is a tack driver.

Comment

My cousin has a kimber accent 300 winmag and it’s super light and very accurate .

Comment

Springfield 2020 waypoint is an option if you can find one

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
              Not to derail this but what scopes are you guys running on the these ultralight rifles?? I have a ridge line with a VX5 and even though it’s light ... it still feels heavy
              I am going to be running Vortex Razor LHT

Comment

Sako finnlight. I love my setup with a swaro z5.

Comment

Best custom, lightweight rifle maker that I know personally is Kerry & Carol O’Day, owners of MG Arms in Spring, TX. www.mgarmsinc.com. 281-821-8282. They are Life Members of both Houston & Dallas Safari Clubs and produce custom ammo/firearms for many members of each club. Tell them that Larry Tatom referred you to them. Both are easy to talk to and are dedicated hunters.

Comment

Working...
                  X