Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer (Grinder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer (Grinder)

Has anyone used the grinder attachment for these mixers?

If so, is it good enough to handle a couple animals a year?

Which model do you have (they have 2, one is 325 watts and the other (pro 600 model) is 575 watts)?

We used it for a while last year but I’ll tell you, it’s no LEM. It takes some patience because it feeds pretty slow. We have the larger mixer. It’ll work in a pinch that’s for sure but it’s slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It will work but it’s slow .

Comment

We have the Pro model and I used the grinder attachment to grind a sirloin steak into burger, just one steak...no way would I use it for a full deer much less more than one.

it has it's purpose and doing full animals is not it.

Comment

Get a dedicated grinder. As stated above slooooow, it's good for a pound or 2.

Comment

Well what a bummer

Comment

They all do but none is a do all

Comment

Very slow and in small quantities. Investing a $100-120 in a cheaper Northern Tool grinder or knockoff would be a better route than the Kitchen Aide...especially for several deer a year.

Comment

If you decide to use the KA be sure to trim all the tendons and cartilage out of the meat or risk burning up your machine.

Comment

slow and pretty easy to burn up a mixer if you aren't careful. don't ask me how i know.....

Comment

Don’t do it

Comment

I would stay away from anything with plastic gears. Here is a cheap option with steel gears.

Comment

I gave my wife a deer and hog processing Christmas list a number of years ago. Best Gifts Ever! We use them often enough that she's never once complained about any space taken up... in the garage. We got a 22# commercial grinder and commercial vacuum sealer from Cabela's. I highly recommend them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
                            I gave my wife a deer and hog processing Christmas list a number of years ago. Best Gifts Ever! We use them often enough that she's never once complained about any space taken up... in the garage. We got a 22# commercial grinder and commercial vacuum sealer from Cabela's. I highly recommend them both.
                            That was my idea with the mixer for her, a 2 for 1 lol but it's looking like if she gets the mixer I'll still end up getting a grinder seperate.

What kind of sealer do you have? I starter another thread in the classifieds looking for one of those.

Comment

Working...
                            X