Hey pecan pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey pecan pickers

When the wind blew like crazy for three days last week, I had a bunch of pecans blow out that really weren’t ready, but quite a few were. So I got out there and started gathering some up. Now I’ve only had pecan trees for about the last couple of years at the house we moved into, so I’m not a pecan veteran. How often have you seen this? Two pecans in one shell. A first for me!!!
    Attached Files

That's amazing

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never seen that and had pecan trees all my life

Comment

Twins.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I have never seen that and had pecan trees all my life
          Dang! Maybe I can trade it to you for a rare arrowhead!

Comment

That may be worth sealing it up in some type of epoxy or something to keep it from deteriorating.

Comment

Not sure if I have or not. But I do and have picked up a lot of pecans for the last 20+ years. At home and abroad.

Comment

I’ve seen it twice and I’ve picked pecans for almost 30 years.. pretty neat….

Comment

Two nuts hanging together. No other comment

Comment

Plant right away and start selectively growing the new “Dolly P” variety of pecan. Market this ample beauty with the slogan “They taste as good as they look!”

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      Plant right away and start selectively growing the new “Dolly P” variety of pecan. Market this ample beauty with the slogan “They taste as good as they look!”

Comment

Found another one today. Guess I should’ve been looking for a big buck instead!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                          Ain’t no flies on you !

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                            Found another one today. Guess I should’ve been looking for a big buck instead!

As your pic so tastefully reveals, a pair of Dolly Ps is always a welcome handful.

Comment

Working...
                            X