Smith Sunglasses shout out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my pairs had some small scratches in the lens. I submitted a warranty request to Smith to see if they could maybe buff them out or something. Instead they sent me a $250 voucher for a new pair, but I had to submit a photo of these pair being destroyed. Pretty top notch IMO, never had to send the glasses in. Just took pictures of the scratches and they approved the request based off those alone.

I have another pair of Smiths with more scratches on them, filled out a request and will see what they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! i'll have to buy a pair

Comment

That’s good to hear, I just got my first pair. Had been wearing Costas for years but with constant issues with the rubber on the frames I wanted to try something new.

Comment

How did you destroy the scratched pair. Thank feel like sending them something a little overboard would have been fun.

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
          How did you destroy the scratched pair. Thank feel like sending them something a little overboard would have been fun.

Just broke off one of the arms

Comment

sounds like the old Oakly, i have not dealt with them as of lately but years ago it was a letter or email and you got a replacement lens or frame, glad to hear you got treated right OP

Comment

I have been wearing Smiths for about 6 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. I just got in a couple new pairs last week.

The glass chromapop lenses are excellent. I am trying out a pair of their bronze mirrors and may like them better than the green mirrors even, which are what I usually get.

Comment

Maui Jim handled a issue for me in 5 business days.................

Comment

I prefer my Smiths over my Costas. I’ve only had to send one pair in for warranty that I broke that was 100% my fault and they sent me a new pair no questions asked. I have a pair of Costas that need to go back for the 3rd time for warranty due to the rubber on the frames. I feel like the quality just isn’t what it used to be with Costa.

Comment

I've been wearing smiths for a while and they are more comfortable than my costas. Customer service has been great from both companies.

Comment

Did you all order them or try them on somewhere?

I am in the market for new sun glasses. Just destroyed my last pair of costas.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Maui Jim handled a issue for me in 5 business days.................
                        That’s good to hear. I just bought a pair oh Maui’s after wearing Costas for years.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          Did you all order them or try them on somewhere?

I am in the market for new sun glasses. Just destroyed my last pair of costas.

I just ordered them but went off their specs based on the ones I’ve worn before. I ordered a pair of Guides Choice with Bronze Mirror Glass lens.

Comment

I have the bronze lense Smith. For sure the best polarized glasses I have owned.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                              I just ordered them but went off their specs based on the ones I’ve worn before. I ordered a pair of Guides Choice with Bronze Mirror Glass lens.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X