Pintail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pintail

Funny story for duck hunters, probably won't mean jack to y'all who drop them like crazy BUT this is my 2nd full duck season, started in the middle of the season before last. My buddy taught me about all the different species, I learned about pintails. I was determined to get one, best looking bird I had ever seen in my opinion. Where we hunt there aren't hardly any around here, made some trips to the coast last season and this season with no luck, saw a few way up high. Well after 2 seasons on January 1st we took the boat out mid day on our little crummy local lake (had the day off just went to spend all evening on the water) for some public hunting, usually we can pull 2-3 ducks due to over hunted public land lots of woodies and teal. To shorten this up 2pm, 78 degrees no wind and no clouds I see something flying in... low and behold a single pintail drake, I thought I was seeing things, told myself I wasn't going to let this sucker get away! Lol well he's already at the taxidermist. Just thought I'd share this little accomplishment of mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job man. I mounted my first sprig.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
      Good job man. I mounted my first sprig.
      Thanks man, I know a lot of guys drop em like crazy. For where we hunt they are pretty limited so I just couldnt not have it mounted. lol and in the worse conditions 2 pm hot calm and sunny. Bird had to have been lost ha!

Comment

Beautiful bird!

Comment

beautiful drake. I agree, they are the most elegant duck, and my favorite by far.

Comment

Congrats again bud! Hopefully I can drop a nice spoonie ive been after all this season tomorrow with you.

Jeremy will take care of that bird for you, no doubt.

If youre as obsessed with pin tails as much as I feel you are, we need to go on a sea duck hunt and shoot a plumed out old squaw. Would look great next to the mounted pinnies

Comment

Beautiful drake. I have one mounted also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we have lots of them on our tanks at the ranch and they are very pretty birds

Comment

Congrats. beautiful bird. Love those canvas back and wood ducks

Comment

Nice! I really like pintails. One of the few ducks I can call, well!
                    I have a big one on the family room wall, and several years ago I took a junior hunter from the archery club (single Mom) out for the youth hunt weekend. He shot his first one, I ran out to retrieve it (pre-dog days) and wrapped it in my sweater to protect the plumage for him to mount.

Comment

Good looking bird. First duck I got mounted was a pintail!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice one! They're my favorite duck mounts. Pretty rare up here in the woods as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                          Congrats again bud! Hopefully I can drop a nice spoonie ive been after all this season tomorrow with you.

Jeremy will take care of that bird for you, no doubt.

If youre as obsessed with pin tails as much as I feel you are, we need to go on a sea duck hunt and shoot a plumed out old squaw. Would look great next to the mounted pinnies
                          I was just telling my buddy about old squaws lol good looking birds as well. I'm down to do some kind of cool TBH trip next season!

Comment

Congrats buddy! I'm still trying to get one for the wall! Everyone I've shot hasn't had a sprig worth mounting. Maybe tomorrow morning we can change that!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
                              I was just telling my buddy about old squaws lol good looking birds as well. I'm down to do some kind of cool TBH trip next season!
                              Im interested!!!

Glad you finally smoked one!!!

He looks good!

Comment

Working...
                              X