No announcement yet.

GTG for Deadeyedeb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still offshore for 2 more weeks (as usual!) but will be there in spirit! RIP Deb. We all miss you.

Leonhogboy, this is a great gesture on your part! Well done SIR!

Comment

Wish I could make it Gary. Great thing you're doing. Swig one for me

Comment

If I was not already committed to something on Saturday I would be there. Debbie has already jumped my tail once about breaking a commitment before. I surely don't need her raining down on me for another. I thought long and hard about breaking it and think she would want me to stick to my promise to already be somewhere else.

Gary I would love to come out some time in the future though and hangout one weekend and take in one of her favorite places to be.

I will be with yall in Spirit

Comment

Gather for Deb update

Benben, Brazoshunter, hrdwrkncwby76, and I will be there Friday, so anyone wanting to join us is welcome. We'll get some mowing done, the pit, some tables and chairs, and a couple of popups setup. I might even roll the Dyson Animal through the house. Looks like we'll have 15-20 depending on wives/kids/others.

I'm not sure how things should flow, so any input in more than welcome. I was thinking if everyone could be to the farm by 2:00PM Saturday, we could open it up for anyone wanting to speak, say a prayer for Deb's family and friends, thank the Lord for allowing DeadeyeDeb to be part of our lives, and then have a meal. Pit pig, some chicken and sausage, not sure what the menu will look like, but we won't starve. Bring your drinks and a side if you can.

The staff at the Hogboy Hilton will be renaming the middle stand "Deb's Stand" in her honor. She would love this. A wolmanized platform, 15 feet up in a big oak, Deb loved to sit there, and harvested 2 does and a pig last year. This stand will last and so will her memory. I'm looking for a sign or plaque that will last, to be nailed to the platform/tree. Something simple, "Deb's Stand". If any plasma cutters or metal guys can help me out it would be appreciated.

Thanks and hope to see you Saturday,

Hogboy

Comment

Still iffy at this time for me.

Comment

I wished I could make this to honor Deb but I have a class to attend.

Y’all and Deb will be in my thoughts and prayers. Everybody be safe in their travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                I wished I could make this to honor Deb but I have a class to attend.

Y’all and Deb will be in my thoughts and prayers. Everybody be safe in their travels.
                We need a hh next time I'm in from Odessa. We can have another gtg in memory of Deb.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                  We need a hh next time I'm in from Odessa. We can have another gtg in memory of Deb.
                  She would love that. For anyone that can't make it Saturday, I would ask that at 2:00PM Saturday, they say a prayer for her family and friends, and take a moment to remember Deb.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post

I am good with that. Let me know when you will be back and we'll put something together for her.

Comment

I am going to do my best to make it. I will swing by sometime Saturday just might be latter than 2:00

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                        I am going to do my best to make it. I will swing by sometime Saturday just might be latter than 2:00
                        Anytime John, as a some will be staying overnight.

Comment

Benben and I should be at the Hilton by 10:00 this morning to get some chores done, so if you want to come out and keep us company, you are more than welcome. It seems so strange that Deb won't be joining us. Every other weekend for the last year, she came out to work, hunt, and just be a friend. We were so blessed to have that time. I hope our 3 legged stool is functional today.

Tomorrow we will do what we can in Texas to honor her. Come join us. If you can't make it, maybe at 2:00PM Saturday, everyone could take just a moment to think of this true friend of TBH.

Thank you

Hogboy

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deb Mattucci.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24309079

Comment

I'm all loaded up and about to head out. See you brothers soon

Comment

Y'all need an extra set of hands to help out with anything out there?

Comment

What is the county? Google maps is asking me. It's a little bit of a drive but I figure I can get some of that good Texas brisket somewhere. Still on the fence but checking the weather radar...

I will really miss Deb not being around.

Comment

Working...
                                X