Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy Strings….

Who is in Houston > Austin > Dallas?

I had to sell my Austin tix due to a wedding, will be at Houston show Thursday night.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEZOjtrwls"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEZOjtrwls[/ame]

Good Lord that guy can play!

Comment

That dude can flat out play. His version of Tennessee Stud was awesome too.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypS96LGN6WY"]Billy Strings - "Tennessee Stud" | Fretboard Journal - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by HoustonHunter94; 12-01-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Indeed. Lots of buzz. Sold out shows in all 3 cities. Going to be heaters.

Comment

Whew!!! Lookout Austin and Dallas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
            Whew!!! Lookout Austin and Dallas!!!
            BS killed it during his 2 shows in NOLA

This kid is insanely talented and definitely worth the price of admission

Comment

Never heard of him before. Wow! Ole son can burn up those strings!

Comment

We saw BS play in Whitefish Montana a few months ago. I was having a hard time trying to figure out why Ryan Bingham and Dwight Yoakum opened for him. It didn’t take me long to realize why once he started playing. I thought he was dam good before, but he’s on a whole other level live!

Comment

Found him on YouTube years back and all of his songs are on my playlist. I run it on shuffle for background music whenever people are over hanging out. BBQ etc. people always ask who it is when he comes on.

Comment

This is the second time I’ve heard him mentioned in the last 24 hours, and before that I’ve never heard of him. Apparently I’m missing out. I’ll educate myself today on Spotify

Comment

Billy Strings

He can flat out pick and sing.

I've been watching him on YouTube for a couple years now.

If you like BS check out Molly Tuttle. She's not quite the vocalist BS is but she is the best female flat picker I've ever heard.

Comment

I was there last night at White Oak. Incredible show. I cant decide if i want to dedicate more time to practicing or just quit guitar altogether... Wish we would've prepared better and seen him all weekend.
                        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 12-03-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

If you play guitar and/or are into bluegrass and Americana music you probably know of Billy but he has not had a big radio presence. I've burned many late night hours watching him on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                            If you play guitar and/or are into bluegrass and Americana music you probably know of Billy but he has not had a big radio presence. I've burned many late night hours watching him on youtube.
                            Yeah his most popular song (in terms of listens) on spotify is "The Great Divide". And it sucks, IMO. But its featuring Luke Combs so it has millions more views than Billy's good stuff. Frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              I was there last night at White Oak. Incredible show. I cant decide if i want to dedicate more time to practicing or just quit guitar altogether... Wish we would've prepared better and seen him all weekend.
                              Was a packed house. Man, that was fun. Had to sell Austin tickets… have to be at a wedding. Maybe my brain cells are happy with this?

Comment

Working...
                              X