Montana Elk Hunt 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Elk Hunt 2021

My favorite time of the year has finally rolled back around, and it’s time to point the truck north towards Montana to chase elk. This year is a little bit different as I won’t be hunting a general tag. My friend Forrest and I have both drawn archery only bull tags in a LE cluster of units. We are fortunate enough to have access to some private land to hunt this tag on.

I’m meeting Forrest up in Montana on Thursday about lunch, then we have two days to scout and figure out a game plan. I’m hoping to make Buffalo, WY before pulling over to get a good meal and a nights sleep tomorrow night. The truck is loaded down, I’ll try to keep this as updated as I can while we are hunting.

Here are some pics of bulls from this year on camera and some scenery from the last 3 years. Hopefully this will get some of y’all through while waiting for your hunt dates to get closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful. Good luck!!

Comment

That's awesome. What part of the state? We leave in two weeks to head up there. Can't wait.

Comment

We hunted region 3 the last few years, hunting the central part of the state this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
              That's awesome. What part of the state? We leave in two weeks to head up there. Can't wait.
              I'll be right behind you. Im leaving in about 2.5 weeks. I'll be chasing a bull about 45 minutes north of Custer.

Comment

I'll be about 12.5 months behind you, as long as I draw...

Good luck, I always enjoy your hunts, thanks for posting and taking us along.

Comment

Looks like a great spot. Best of luck.

Comment

Best of luck. Pics got me excited for my trip in 2 weeks

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

Safe travels and good luck.

We've got some monsoon moisture coming in tomorrow and then a cool front. Not sure if you'll get the moisture up in Montana but should be much cooler.
                        Hope it helps your hunt out.
                        Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                          Safe travels and good luck.

We've got some monsoon moisture coming in tomorrow and then a cool front. Not sure if you'll get the moisture up in Montana but should be much cooler.
                          Hope it helps your hunt out.
                          Good luck !

Thank you, I appreciate the well wishes. I’m only seeing a 30% chance of moisture on Friday. It’s supposed to get cooler as the week goes on luckily.

Comment

thanks for taking us along this year. post up often!
                            and good luck!

Comment

Good luck man

Be careful, have fun, and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X