Tikka T3X mounts and rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3X mounts and rings?

I just recently jumped on the Tikka bandwagon and bought a 25-06 (been wanting one for a loooong time). I’m probably going to top it with a Leupold VX-5 but have no clue about what base and rings to use and would love some recommendations.

Shots will generally be < 300 yards so I’d also like to know if I should get low, medium, or high rings.

Thanks in advance.

I went with the DNZ mounts on mine and have been pretty happy with them. I used the ones that the Tikka came with and had problems with it.

Comment

I have a DNZ one piece I had my VX5 mounted in with my Tikka if interested.

Comment

I put a Leupold backcountry base and rings on my last one and seemed to work well.

Comment

Mountain tactical pic rail and warne rings on my 300wm

Comment

I went with Talley.

Comment

Talley on my tikkas and they are great

Comment

Game Reaper by DNZ

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                  I went with Talley.
                  Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                  Talley on my tikkas and they are great
                  Did y'all mount it directly on the rifle, or did y'all use a rail?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    I have a DNZ one piece I had my VX5 mounted in with my Tikka if interested.
                    Sleepy your inbox is full LOL

I was trying to find out what color and what kind of condition your DNZ is in?

Honestly I would prefer to buy something new, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Sleepy your inbox is full LOL

I was trying to find out what color and what kind of condition your DNZ is in?

Honestly I would prefer to buy something new, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I’ll clear it out, but the DNZ is matte black. Like new conditions. Had a Gun set up and did some hand load testing with it. Sat in the safe ever since and I’ve since sold the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                        Mountain tactical pic rail and warne rings on my 300wm
                        I've seen their website before and like what they offer, so I may wind up with their rail like you.

My only question is, did you get the 0, 10, or 20 MOA rail? I'm not shooting 1000 yards so I know I don't need the 20 MOA, but if I'm not shooting out to 300 yards would the 0 work, or do I need to 10?

Comment

I've owned 3 Tikka's. Here is what I use: https://warnescopemounts.com/product.../tikka-mounts/

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Did y'all mount it directly on the rifle, or did y'all use a rail?
                            Directly on the rifle

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              I’ll clear it out, but the DNZ is matte black. Like new conditions. Had a Gun set up and did some hand load testing with it. Sat in the safe ever since and I’ve since sold the scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Hey Sleepy. Sorry for the late response. I had a ton of last-minute stuff to take of this weekend and forgot all about this.

I may be interested but let me decide exactly which scope I'm going get so that I know if I need low, medium, or high mounts, and I'll get back with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X