Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my 6th one done last month. clipped a few polyps and good to go for another few years.

Comment

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

My Dad passed at 56 due to Colon Cancer, it was a 4 year battle. I wish he would have gone in sooner, it may have saved his life. I’m 44 and about to have my 4th. They’ve removed polyps every time.

It’s a silent killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Got my first one done at 55 this year, luckily all was perfect and I don’t have to go back until 60.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          Just jam that ivermectin tube up there as a deterant just don’t use the same tube ya brush ya teeth with.
          Don't forget the zinc, it needs to be a combo.

Comment

The Suprep was not bad at all . Had it done at 46 & again at 51. My next one is at 61.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. Had my first in Feb. 2020 at 52. Removed four benign polyps, so I get to do it again in four years. I'll be certain it's scheduled and done on time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                Just jam that ivermectin tube up there as a deterant just don’t use the same tube ya brush ya teeth with.

That probably sounded funnier inside your head, than it did to any of us reading it.

Comment

I guess I need to get on this. Some members of the family are leaning on us men to get it done.

I'm terrible about putting off health stuff. I need to schedule 3 other things right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    I die for my next one at 67. Been free and clear all my life thank God. Years ago my f in law told me the doc found “an angry polyp” in his colon. I told him I’d be angry to if I was stuck on your colon! Stay on top of it fellas!
                    I do em out of my garage for $50.00. Use a funnel and a flashlight.
                    This is a serious thread, and everyone needs to think real serious about getting this done based on age, risk factors, family history, etc.

But your comment to your FIL is still pretty dang funny.

Comment

I went the Cologuard route, came back clean. Next time, I'll pay for the Cologuard out of pocket and wait for the results before submitting to insurance. If it comes back bad, then I'll get the scope and let the insurance company pay for it.

On second thought, Cologuard is just a lab thing. I should check the price and do it every year. It's probably only $100.

Comment

Great PSA Smart..this one should stay on the front page year round so folks don't put it off! No reason to any more y'all. Prep is easy (more ways than one), as well as the procedure and recovery. As mentioned above..another silent killer. One that can be prevented tho. DO IT!

Comment

My middle brother got diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer today and could be bumped to stage 4 after surgery Friday. This was a big reason for my post...we knew something like this was going to be diagnosed. Add this plus several other friends that have similar diagnosis and I wanted to get folks aware. He is 50 and waited to do it when his doctor recommended. I wish he'd have done the 45 thing.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I am setting mine up at the end of October.

Comment

I don't know what kind of prep some of y'all have but mine sucked. Nothing but liquids two days before, nothing but the prep crap the day before and couldn't keep anything down for a couple of days.[emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t have a doctor, and really don’t want one.

I do need a couple surgeries I’ve been putting off and I’ve never had the test this thread is talking about. I guess I will start trying to get some medical attention after the first of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X