No announcement yet.

Ko2 vs toyo mt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like an Apples to Oranges comparison. For a daily driver, with a little off-roading, I would be in a quality All Terrain tire. If you like the performance of the BFG KO2 but want the aggressive look of the MT, look into the Toyo AT3, Maxxis Razr AT, Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT, Cooper St Maxx, and Toyo RT. These fall into the category of Hybrid tires which are a mix of all terrain and mud tire looks and capabilities.

Comment

Ko2s all day. Had my set for 94k and have 45 on the second set in 18 months. Haven’t had any issues with any weather or road conditions. I’m on lease roads and all kinds of crappy pavement weekly and they hold up well!! Best tire on the market IMO. Will run them forever.

Comment

Ko2 vs toyo mt ?

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        Ko2s all day. Had my set for 94k and have 45 on the second set in 18 months. Haven’t had any issues with any weather or road conditions. I’m on lease roads and all kinds of crappy pavement weekly and they hold up well!! Best tire on the market IMO. Will run them forever.

I’m at 106,000 and still have 5/32!

We had several sets go 80k, but this is my PR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at the Toyo RT. I am on my 5th set between 2 trucks and have been extremely pleased with durability, performance, and longevity.

Comment

Tried 2 sets of KO2s. First got real squirrrely on wet roads at around 30k. Next set was so loud after 25k couldn’t take it anymore. They were great off road but couldn’t justify it for limited amount of time I spend in the dirt. Went to Falkens and have been great so far.

Comment

BFGs

I put 120k miles on a set of 35x12.50x18 KO2s on my wife’s jeep JKU. Just replaced them with the same tire. Never had any traction issues and they always got me out of any bind I got into in the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by JA23 View Post
                I put 120k miles on a set of 35x12.50x18 KO2s on my wife’s jeep JKU. Just replaced them with the same tire. Never had any traction issues and they always got me out of any bind I got into in the mud.

That’s an insane amount of mileage. We’re the wires showing? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                  I’m at 106,000 and still have 5/32!

We had several sets go 80k, but this is my PR!

My last set had 121K on them, and I bet I still had 5-10K left on them. The truck was a giant POS though, and we retired it at 146K. 25K on the factory tires, and 121K on the second set. Typically I get 80-90K out of them on half tons.

Comment

Originally posted by JA23 View Post
                    Must be a weight thing and surface thing. My experience has been 30k tops on F-250 diesel and 50k on Suburban.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      Must be a weight thing and surface thing. My experience has been 30k tops on F-250 diesel and 50k on Suburban.
                      That’s been my experience. They haven’t been worth a dam on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Love em on my half ton daily drivers.

Comment

Just put TA KM3's on my 1 ton SRW and love em. Quieter than I expected and really good ride.

Comment

No help with those two

I'll recommend Cooper Tires, I got 65K on my F250 out of their STT Max mud Tire 35k on my second set now with lots of tread left..

Comment

Wildpeak

Don't overlook the Falken Wildpeak A/T3. Put 'em on my Tacoma in 2019 for a CO backcountry trip. They handled everything well there and they've done excellent in TX. Kicked *** during the snow storm and never had a problem offroad or in wet conditions. Got 35K on em and still have tons of tread.

Comment

Last set of KO2s I had were junk.... not what they used to be or maybe I got a soft batch. I had them on a 3/4 ton Duramax though and it ate them up. Replaced at 25k miles. Have always run Nittos Road Grapplers G2s on my 1500 and gotten 75K plus miles. Got Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the Duramax now with 40k on them.. they should go atleast another 25-30k I think.

Comment

Wildpeak

Don't overlook the Falken Wildpeak A/T3. Put 'em on my Tacoma in 2019 for a CO backcountry trip. They handled everything well there and they've done excellent in TX. Kicked *** during the snow storm and never had a problem offroad or in wet conditions. Got 35K on em and still have tons of tread.

Comment

Working...
                                X