My new public land ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new public land ride

Picked this one up yesterday. Hope to be riding it at lanwr in a few months.
    Attached Files

Very nice. I need to find myself one also!

Comment

Very nice! That's a BIG upgrade from what you had before if I remember correctly. Even has front shocks, I've been thinking about putting shocks on mine. Getting an ebike was one of the most rewarding and worthy purchases I've made for hunting. Worth every penny, especially after doing LANWR the first several years on a regular mountain bike, its do able, but it isn't as FUN as 20mph on the way to go hunt without even pedaling a single rotation!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        Very nice. I need to find myself one also!
        Yup, and in a couple months I will be preaching to you about getting one again lol

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
          Very nice! That's a BIG upgrade from what you had before if I remember correctly. Even has front shocks, I've been thinking about putting shocks on mine. Getting an ebike was one of the most rewarding and worthy purchases I've made for hunting. Worth every penny, especially after doing LANWR the first several years on a regular mountain bike, its do able, but it isn't as FUN as 20mph on the way to go hunt without even pedaling a single rotation!
          I wouldnt really says it's an upgrade but I do like it. The other one was very well made and very reliable. Twice I did over 35 miles in one day at lanwr and still had about 25% battery left. I bought it in 2017 when I first got drawn for lanwr and used it each year since. The only reason I got rid of it and got this one is because of the tires.

Comment

Sweet. Definitely one in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
              I wouldnt really says it's an upgrade but I do like it. The other one was very well made and very reliable. Twice I did over 35 miles in one day at lanwr and still had about 25% battery left. I bought it in 2017 when I first got drawn for lanwr and used it each year since. The only reason I got rid of it and got this one is because of the tires.
              Dang so you've been running an ebike since before they were permitted? I say that because I thought they were first permitted on the 2019 hunts. I could be wrong.

What about the tires do you prefer? The larger mountain bike wheels?

My first bike was a 29" and I like riding it alot. The ebike is a 26" fat tire, it's better foe the job but I would hate to have to pedal it without the electric motor, its over 60lbs! My other one is a cheapy from Walmart that I got discounted and it worked great. Still no comparison to an ebike though.

I did alot for flat protection on both bikes and both worked, but a fat tire bike does pick up more thorns. Learned that lesson on the last ride, the only time I left without a pump. Recalled another bike on the way in, borrowed their pump, still ended up walking it back for 1.5miles. Only time I had a full blown flat in many many rides down there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice

Comment

What brand is this bike and where did you get it? I tried looking it up and couldn't find this particular bike. Thanks!

Comment

Yup, and in a couple months I will be preaching to you about getting one again lol
                    Hahah I know you will

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      I have a 2020 version of your old Sondors. Been a great bike. I'm looking for some "motorcycle" type tires to fight against the thorns. I don't think your tires come in a 4x20 size.

Comment

Nice ride Johnny! Hopefully you will be using it to help me haul out my Nilgai!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang so you've been running an ebike since before they were permitted? I say that because I thought they were first permitted on the 2019 hunts. I could be wrong.

What about the tires do you prefer? The larger mountain bike wheels?
                          Yep, since 2017. The paperwork for the hunt stated "no motorized carts or wagons". It did say you could use a bicycle but didnt specify what kind so I used an ebike. If I had gotten a ticket for it I would have fought it in court and I believe I would have won on that technicality. Regardless, they allow them now so it doesnt matter.

As far as the tires go I found a company that sells puncture proof inner tubes but they dont make them for 4" wide tires so I needed a bike with a regular tire size.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                            Nice ride Johnny! Hopefully you will be using it to help me haul out my Nilgai!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Yea, hopefully! Just dont leave a bag of corn in the back of your truck this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Texar View Post
                              What brand is this bike and where did you get it? I tried looking it up and couldn't find this particular bike. Thanks!
                              pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X