Wade fishing advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade fishing advice needed

I usually stick a spoon or two in a shirt pocket and something in my pocket when I wade. I see dudes using fanny pacs and backpacks and just wonder what’s a good practice. What do you use for “ re rigs” when wading? Thanks in advance

Shirt pockets.

Comment

Wading belt with stringer and pliers.

A few lures in the belt and a few jig hooks and maybe some soft
      plastics in the shirt pocket.

Keep it simple.

Comment

Are you talking about saltwater fishing or wading a creek?

Comment

Salt

Comment

I usually go minimalist and throw a few things in my shirt pocket and stick some plugs in my stringer float. The over the shoulder Wade boxes aren’t too bad either.

Comment

The madre sling by coastal fishing gear is what I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to carry a box on back of my wade belt with all kinds of stuff. Now days though I throw a few different plastics into one bag with some extra hooks and a topwater and put it in my shirt pocket. Much easier on the back to not have that water logged bait box hanging off my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wading belt, pliers ,stringer , and an over the shoulder box
                  With the essential stuff.. We will wade for hours sometimes
                  So the pocket thing isn't practical especially if you are going through lures on fish...

Comment

I found a cheap over the shoulder Magellan bag and it’s my new favorite. Easy to spin around and grab pliers/ lure boxes and stays dry.

Comment

Small box, couple of different weights of jig head, a few plastics of light and dark color, and one topwater or waker bait and a few feet of leader material.

Comment

My wading belt has one of those clear tackle containers. Works great! I do have to rinse it out every time I get back in as it is usually under water the majority of the time depending on how deep I’m wading.

Comment

I use a wading belt with pliers and stringer. Typically carry two rods, one always has a jighead/plastic and the other either a corky or topwater depending on the season.

Most times I just put spare stuff in a pocket, but on longer Wades or when heavily using hard baits I’ll carry an over-the-shoulder box. It’s hard to pocket a super spook with 3 trebles.

Comment

Wade belt with the box, pliers, stringer. Throw the box it comes with away and buy a waterproof one at Academy that fits in the pouch. Game changer.

Comment

I use a belt for back support and a place for my stringer and pliers.

My tackle box is a DIY hook spit copy. I took a section of a broke ratchet strap and pop riveted it to one of those Plano boxes with gaskets on the sides. I don't like to fumble with the box that stuffs into the belt in deep water. Plus is not trying to escape in the surf

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X