Tampa Vacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampa Vacations

I’ve got a conference in Tampa at the end of July, of course over my wife’s bday, but I’m going to fly her out at the end and spend 2-3 days. Any recommendations from Clearwater down to Venice?

Wouldn’t mind trying to spend a 1/2 day after Tarpon. She’s content with a beach, pool & spa

My wife is from down there(Indian Rocks Beach).

We always stay here when we go back.

Lot's of good places to eat(up and down the beach) and not as crowded as it is if you go 1 mile north to Clearwater Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
      My wife is from down there(Indian Rocks Beach).

We always stay here when we go back.

Lot's of good places to eat(up and down the beach) and not as crowded as it is if you go 1 mile north to Clearwater Beach.
      Thanks, this place had already come up in my searches and had good reviews, but good to know someone with personal experience

Comment

We vacationed on Anna Maria Island 2 summers ago. We enjoyed it. Fairly laid back. Look into Sarasota, Siesta Key, etc.

Comment

You can go to Venice beach and find fossilized sharks teeth on the beach.

I don't personally know any tarpon guides in the area but you should be easy to find some, the live bait snook fishing in Tampa bay is good that time of year too.

Comment

Isn’t that where Busch Gardens is? My wife and kids love that place.

Comment

The snook spawn in the summer. Stalk the beaches near passes from dawn to 8am and focus attention from the shore’s edge to the first gut. On rising and falling tides focus with 100 yards of the passes. I caught over 50 snook in a week doing this one week during the summer in SW Florida.
              You need 30lb flouro top shots and high quality lifelike jerkbaits. You’ll miss more than you catch, but that’s snook fishing. Persistence and stealth are key.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                We vacationed on Anna Maria Island 2 summers ago. We enjoyed it. Fairly laid back. Look into Sarasota, Siesta Key, etc.

This area is on our short list

I’ll be textin you tomorrow for some input.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  This area is on our short list

I’ll be textin you tomorrow for some input.
                  We need to discuss over lunch again!

Comment

Working...
                  X