Trailer guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer guys

Can I carry 16 ft cattle panels on a 12 ft single axle trailer? I need to set up a feeder pen and that is as big of trailer I have. It’s wide enough but there going be hanging off 4 ft. I thought about hooking two ratchet straps to the end hanging off and pulling them in a small curve? Thought it might work with a few but I don’t know about 10 or 11. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Killer; 06-08-2021, 07:54 PM.

Trailer guys

You can hang 4’ off with red flags. I’d hang over the front a little and just not jackknife it too hard.

I haul 20’ stuff on a 16’ all the time.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strap the good and tie a flag. You can also probably overhang the front a foot or more to reduce the rear overhang.

Comment

My little trailer has a dove tail on the back I am afraid they will be dragging on the road hanging straight off the back. I guess I just need to load em on there and see what happens

Comment

Like said above, overhang the front a foot or so. On the back end...if it looks like they wills ag and drag... run a strap across the back about half way or so and another strap from the end of the panels to the strap to keep it from sagging.

little wear & tear won't hurt too bad... and will keep folks from tailgating with the sparks

Comment

I carried some on my 10ft trailer. I stood them up and strapped them to the side rail. Laying down they would have drug the ground

Comment

Bend them in a U shape (with middle of panel pulled back towards your hitch. I’ve hauled many this way in a 10’ trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                Bend them in a U shape (with middle of panel pulled back towards your hitch. I’ve hauled many this way in a 10’ trailer.
                This the way

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
                  Yep. Or even in the bed of the truck with some overhang.

Comment

You can screw down some 2x4 to the trailer deck to support the overhang.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                      You can screw down some 2x4 to the trailer deck to support the overhang.

I have done this using plywood screwed to the deck boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The last 2 are probably best esp if ya let a couple feet over front Flag overhang...I have rolled them into 6 or7 ft dia and hauled too

Comment

Done it several times, put a strong ratchet strap hooked to the back and bend them forward, red flag and use 2x4 screwed to the bed across the bed in the front to hold them down.
                          Never had a problem.

Comment

I have hauled 16 footers in the bed of my truck. Zip tie the ends together, strap it good and go.

Comment

You can bend 1 or 2 and tie the ends and strap them down. You ain’t doing it with 11 panels. I had to build a H with 2x4 and turn the boards on their edge I put a 2nd cross bar at the top of the H and laid the panels on top. I used 14ft 2x4. My trailer floor is metal had it been wood it would have made things easier. This keep them from dragging on the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X