Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concur.

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
    Beautiful deer, but that seems like a poor shot and not a fault of the broad head.

I’m using Muzzy Trocar fixed blade. Shoots straight and kills what I shoot at. No reason to trade out for anything.
    Hitting a panel negates any "review" of a BH, imo.

We were shooting 130gr "OLD SCHOOL" 4 blade Muzzys (and will continue to til we run out - for hogs) but since I got all the Ramcats Ethan will be launching those at deer. He's 4 for 4 with them so far!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
      Hitting a panel negates any "review" of a BH, imo.

We were shooting 130gr "OLD SCHOOL" 4 blade Muzzys (and will continue to til we run out - for hogs) but since I got all the Ramcats Ethan will be launching those at deer. He's 4 for 4 with them so far!
      I agree it was a poor choice on his part to try and thread an arrow thru a cattle panel... but had it been a Hypodermic, the ferrule wouldn't of hit the panel and caused the arrow to glance upwards... I understand that's splitting hairs but that day, the end result would've been in his favor, IMO. I also feel like the outcome would've been different with a wider cutting broadhead in his situation.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
        Seconded. I have found they will open up when launched at over 400 FPS, though. Missed 2 deer last year with a new Xbow. Missed both by 24" at 18 yards! The equivalent weight field points flew perfectly, all the way to 50 yards. Put the broadheads on and boom, shoot 2' low.
        You were the one that turned me on to them. I've now got a jar with a couple dozen that have been once shot through deer and performed great. For target, I red locktighted the blades closed on one. I don't trust the field points to hit the same.

Comment

So, I have a fixed and mechanical BHs for a bow. Anyone used regular BHs out of a crossbow?

Comment

100 gr. Slick Trick

Comment

Stingers fly perfectly out of mine.

Comment

Working...
              X