Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

college engineering internship sought after.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

college engineering internship sought after.

My youngest son is attending Texas A & M - Commerce campus majoring in engineering and mathematics(dual major I think). He thinks he has a job doing thesis work next fall & spring.
    (not sure how if he is taking 21 hours).

anyways... he is looking for an internship position for the summer and I figured I'd ask the greenscreen.

He is N.E. of Dallas and we live around Liberty Hill, west of Georgetown. I am trying to get him to get into some "real world" experience while in school. He is up to his neck in classes now so i figured I'd try to help him out.

Suggestions...ideas...advice ... all welcome

thanx,

No promises...I'll PM you my email.

Comment

thanx

Comment

If he's interested in Dallas area he might contact Collins Aerospace. We do hire interns.

Comment

We hire interns quite often. LJA Engineering.

Join LJA Engineering and become part of a team of experts committed to engineering innovation and excellence. Explore opportunities now.

Comment

Collins post these intern positions on our job board. What type of engineering if I may ask?

Comment

construction / mechanical and he is double majoring in math.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                We hire interns quite often. LJA Engineering.

https://www.lja.com/join-our-team/
                thanx, will look into them.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  If he's interested in Dallas area he might contact Collins Aerospace. We do hire interns.
                  yeah, I think he'd rather stay up in that area instead of coming home.

Comment

Just a heads up but most of the plants and refineries around SETX started looking at the colleges back in early February for interns for the summer. I don't know if its that way around the Dallas market. Good luck

Comment

NASA has a good intern program with lots of positions.

Comment

I don’t know what year he is in for school, but if he’s looking in the construction industry would say for future reference he should be talking to companies in the fall for a summer internship. I’m sure he’ll find something, but most have their spots filled 6-9 months in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Siemens is always looking at/for interns.

Comment

Any desire to give oil and gas a try?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
                              Just a heads up but most of the plants and refineries around SETX started looking at the colleges back in early February for interns for the summer. I don't know if its that way around the Dallas market. Good luck
                              Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              I don’t know what year he is in for school, but if he’s looking in the construction industry would say for future reference he should be talking to companies in the fall for a summer internship. I’m sure he’ll find something, but most have their spots filled 6-9 months in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              this is his 2nd year, but he is classified as a senior with the hours he has.

Guys, I tried & tried to instill upon him the importance of looking early for an intern position...to no avail. I think he was thinking things were not back to normal due to covid.

Comment

Working...
                              X