No announcement yet.

Grizzly death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! We have fished that area of the Madison.

Comment

WyoBull or wytex, I've heard that they've pushed all the way down to the Rock Springs area. Heard anything about that?

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
        WyoBull or wytex, I've heard that they've pushed all the way down to the Rock Springs area. Heard anything about that?
        They are in Co, so I would assume they have made it to southern Wy, unless you are talking about Rockspring Co, in which case I would say no, but wouldnt be suprised to see one turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Heading up to Montana next year for Mule or Elk. My dad has an M11 so I think I will sling that loosely around my body and fill her with these. 2 3/4 version.
          Does it kill'em better cause it has a grizzly on the box?

I nice lite AR-10 would be my choice with the right bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            I have a good friend that hunts on the Triangle X ranch in Wyoming and they hunt up to the Yellowstone border on their hunting trips. They have had to let more than one grizzly have an elk carcass after being shot. They are bad during elk season , he said.
            That Thorofare area is infested with Grizz. Some nice streams up that way that rarely get fished.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
              Yes, they are all down the western side of the state and are above Lander as well. It is only a matter of time before they spread to the Bighorns in Central Wy and then down in the Snowy Range west of Laramie.

We already have wolves hear around the Casper area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
                That Thorofare area is infested with Grizz. Some nice streams up that way that rarely get fished.
                Yes it is infested up there. Gunshots are a dinner bell for the griz. My best friend lost an elk to one last season. He just backed out and let the bear have it. Not worth the risk.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yikes! Sad deal!

Comment

Sometimes..................
                    We just ain't, at the top of the food chain.................
                    But, we might be first on the menu..............

Comment

I am not sure which is more dangerous, a Mama Grizzly or that Model 11.

The Widowmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        This quote from the above article is nearly completely false. I wish there was a way to hold media sources accountable.
                        That quote may be referring to the lower 48, no grizz hunting allowed down here yet.

Grizz have been reported in Northern Colorado but I am not sure if the sightings have been verified.
                        We do have wolves down this way, Snowy Range and Laramie Range. Some have been taken and verified.
                        Grizzly bears are expanding their range, matter of time til they get to the Bighorn Mts like Wyobull stated.
                        We should be over in western Wyo hunting moose this fall, a little farther north than we've hunted moose in the past. We'll be extra careful in that country and check on sightings and activity before we go over.

It's not so simple as to carrying a firearm and shooting an aggressive bear. Federal charges are likely unless your life was in imminent danger.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          This quote from the above article is nearly completely false. I wish there was a way to hold media sources accountable.
                          How so?

Comment

Wolves and grizzly bears should be shot outside National park boundaries. They where pretty much eradicated in the United States for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              That quote may be referring to the lower 48, no grizz hunting allowed down here yet.

Grizz have been reported in Northern Colorado but I am not sure if the sightings have been verified.
                              We do have wolves down this way, Snowy Range and Laramie Range. Some have been taken and verified.
                              Grizzly bears are expanding their range, matter of time til they get to the Bighorn Mts like Wyobull stated.
                              We should be over in western Wyo hunting moose this fall, a little farther north than we've hunted moose in the past. We'll be extra careful in that country and check on sightings and activity before we go over.

It's not so simple as to carrying a firearm and shooting an aggressive bear. Federal charges are likely unless your life was in imminent danger.
                              Our last trip to Wyoming we were fishing in Bridger NF and had a stare down with a solitary wolf. Distance was about 75-80 yards. He was looking down on us as we fished below.

Comment

Accurate description, Timothy Treadwell is not the way you want to go

Comment

Working...
                                X