Monoclonal Antibody Infusion and Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    And after 9 days they wont give it to you, correct? Im not sure what the cut off is about but that is my understanding.
    They told me 10 days I got mine on the ninth day

Comment

I got the infusion today but was already feeling pretty good so not really sure if I will notice the difference. I know several people that said it made a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
        I got the infusion today but was already feeling pretty good so not really sure if I will notice the difference. I know several people that said it made a huge difference.
        When I went to the one in Beaumont I asked (like probably 90% of people) and was told that the people with milder symptoms would not show much relief. There simply wasn’t that much relief the gain. I guess it’s like, if you’re already doing better than 95% of the people, how much improvement do you expect?

She said that people like me with fairly moderate symptoms will see a more significant improvement. I was struggling quite a bit when I went in. About 36 hours later I felt a pretty good bit better. I was not struggling as much to breathe and I started to get an appetite back. I am at a stage right now where I am weak but I have gained a good bit of my appetite back. I went from not eating for almost 2 weeks to at least eating one decent meal a day for the last 4-5 days.

My oxygen has gone from the mid 80s to about the mid 90s. It’s a pain in the butt being in bed but as long as I’m not moving around, I am not struggling at all. I hope I’ll maintain at least this level.

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
          I believe you have to "qualify" for the Infusion. That's what they told my dad. I asked the emergency room doctor about it when I was in there yesterday and the only thing I got out of him was I should have taking the shot and I wouldn't be in this position. I was in bad shape yesterday and looking for anything and everything.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am definitely not arguing but the “qualify” part is what is confusing people the most. When my friend in Austin got the infusion she had to qualify and did.

I just searched for the infusion in Houston and that company BreathMD popped up and I ordered the treatment and paid online the night before appointment. No qualifying questions or anything.

Good info in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            I am definitely not arguing but the “qualify” part is what is confusing people the most. When my friend in Austin got the infusion she had to qualify and did.

I just searched for the infusion in Houston and that company BreathMD popped up and I ordered the treatment and paid online the night before appointment. No qualifying questions or anything.

Good info in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Dang I wished I would have researched it more myself. I would have drove anywhere in the state to get it myself thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what I don't get. If doctors are pushing that there's only two things proven to work on COVID, the vaccine and this monoclonal antibody therapy, why aren't they just signing everyone up for antibody therapy as soon as they test positive? From what I've seen there haven't been any side effects.

Comment

My mom knows a few people that got it pretty early on and got a lot better within 24 hours.

Comment

I'm in line for mine right now. A buddy just got over COVID and said his symptoms started on Thursday, he had it rough Saturday, got the infusion Sunday morning and was working on cars in the garage Sunday after lunch. His wife didn't get it, and although her symptoms were milder than his he got over it all several days quicker. He said by Monday he was pretty much recovered.

Comment

yup...................

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                      Everything I hear or read says get it as soon as possible and it's amazing. If you wait too long and get bad off then I've heard they won't do it for you. The only reason my wife didn't do it is because she is pregnant and wanted to wait for her OB docs opinion. Thankfully she only had a mild case and didn't require it, she had her first vaccine shot so I don't know how much this factored in.
                      I have no opinion or idea if this treatment works or not. But keep in mind as an example if Elfeyes wife did get the treatment he would be singing it's praises.

So is there any proof it works? Surely there is, I'd hope.

I also think it doesn't hurt. But I'm curious about long term natural antibodies. Like if it makes one less immune to covid in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                        This is what I don't get. If doctors are pushing that there's only two things proven to work on COVID, the vaccine and this monoclonal antibody therapy, why aren't they just signing everyone up for antibody therapy as soon as they test positive? From what I've seen there haven't been any side effects.
                        I think it is numbers. I had mine done in Beaumont. They have a clinic for nothing but this treatment and they can do 150 people a day.

If this entire area is getting 400 positive hits a day, they simply don’t have that many openings.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          A few questions....

1. For those that have had the antibody infusion what was your experience?
                          2. What were your symptoms at the time of infusion?
                          3. Has anyone heard of any down sides to getting the infusion?
                          4. How many people started off with very mild symptoms at first after testing positive for corona and then got hit hard later on?

I started with symptoms on Saturday, sore throat, drainage, body ache, headache, cough. Yesterday, no more sore throat or drainage, but the cough was bad and had tightness in chest, still had body aches. Today other than a little cough every once in a while I feel fine. I am scheduled to get the infusion tomorrow, I have some heart conditions that put me at a slightly higher risk, mostly hypertension. I’m really on the fence about getting it. I don’t trust the research I am doing online as I know the powers at be only let us see what they want us to see. Though I would ask to see if any of you have some input on your experience.
                          I’ve seen a lot of people get it with good results. I’d def discuss with your doc. I can answer number 4. We’re seeing some of the worst patients 10-14 days after symptoms start. This seems to be the time frame this time around where the ones that are getting really bad do for at least what we see in the younger folks 30s and 40s. Sick enough to be admitted to IMU and ICU

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
                            You do have to “qualify” but they don’t weigh you to check you BMI or any of the other qualifying things.
                            Initially you did have to qualify. I’m talking like a year ago when we started giving it. Was very straight forward questions like BMI, diabetes, specific respiratory diseases etc. we have switched drugs since then and have seen people get it that wouldn’t have qualified in the past. We were originally doing it through the ER and still do occasionally but most are being scheduled through infusion centers now so I’m not up to date on it as much as I should be.

Comment

I know a guy that is on his 3rd round of Covid (paramedic).

This round he got the infusion and it was game changer for him!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                I think it is numbers. I had mine done in Beaumont. They have a clinic for nothing but this treatment and they can do 150 people a day.

If this entire area is getting 400 positive hits a day, they simply don’t have that many openings.
                                My wife is scheduled for Thursday in Beaumont. Earliest they could get her in and her Dr referred her on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X